Reef nutrition

Media Reactor for IM 50?

Hi all

Just setting up my new IM 50. It is cycling now. I am interested in using a media reactor after the tank is cycled and running. Never used one before. I read reviews on the IM branded Aquagadget device that fits IM tanks and that reactor has so so reviews. The IM 50 is an AIO with sump in the back of the tank.

Anyone have a good recommendation for a media reactor besides that one and can fit into my chamber? I also have the skimmer ready to go. So Skimmer and Reactor together. Is that overkill?

I head about Reef Octopus being a good brand.

Thanks

I am using the two little fishies reactor that hangs on the back of the tank. They are great but required a feeding pump. There's also the Aquamaxx media reactors. Essentially, I think they all are the same. What it matters is do you want it in the chamber or hang behind the tank.

In the chamber would be nice... 0 space between wall and tank in the back.
I plan on putting pellets in there. not GFO.. I use my old Fluval Carbon media that are already bagged from my old goldfish tank days. I put that in one of the chambers.

Not sure what's the dimension of the rear chamber for IM50, but here's the dimension of the two little fishies 150 reactor: 14.25" H x 3.0" W x 4.0" L.

Back