High Tide Aquatics

Metal Halide

Hello! My name is Mario and I'm a hoarder...
Well, found quite a few metal halide bulbs; 175SE, 150DE, 250DE, 250SE, 400SE and even one 400DE in. a Lumenarc pendant.
A lot of new bulbs and many used ones as well.
I've offered them in the past but the post fades away and I forget about the hoard.
Before posting on RC, want to offer them here.
These bulbs cannot be disposed in the trash, must be taken to a recycling/haz-mat facility (in SF, Recology is the place) since they contain mercury.
Many brands known and some other ones that were rated nicely back in the day.
I also have some Lumenarc pendants/reflectors and the knock off version of CoralVu of these (DE/Double Ended)
I have a 27G Costco bin full of bulbs; yeah, that bad...

I’m actually passing my fixtures onto Erin because I think I’ve finally weaned myself onto leds, and I really need to clear out some space.

And these are DE, 250watt, but I think 150watt will also fit(?) just need to make sure the ballast is dialed down. I actually ran my 250 bulbs at the 150 setting, and they worked perfectly,

Last edited:
If anyone missed out and is looking for MH stuff, I have a fixture, ballast, and some bulbs in my garage. Folks are welcome to them free, but you have to take all of it not just pick and choose.

Redwood City.

Anyone, guest or supporting, are welcome to it.

Since I was asked (hopefully not a thread hijack).

Fixture
PXL_20230205_011815586.jpg

PXL_20230205_011820107.jpg

Ballast
PXL_20230205_012039570.jpg

Bulbs
PXL_20230205_012032987.jpg

I have not actually set any of it up, I just got it from someone, cleaned it up, and set it aside.

CC @Yuklungsum

Back