got ethical husbandry?

Million Gallon Monterey Bay Aquarium Tank to Re-open

99sf

http://www.mercurynews.com/science/ci_18364265

Cleaning the fish tank is never fun. Ask any tropical fish hobbyist with a pair of angelfish, some gravel and a few plastic plants.

But what if the tank is 35 feet deep and has a window the size of a drive-in movie screen?

In what may be the mother of all fish tank spring-cleaning projects, the Monterey Bay Aquarium is putting the final touches on the overhaul of its Outer Bay tank -- a 1 million gallon structure that holds more water than the other 90 tanks in the aquarium combined and ranks among the largest tanks in the United States. It's all part of a $19 million transformation that re-opens to the public Saturday. ...

Did they redo the front pane of that aquarium, it's been forever since I've gone but I seem to recall it it being much taller, that pane in picture 01/14 looks like it might be 10-15 feet tall max.

sfsuphysics said:
Did they redo the front pane of that aquarium, it's been forever since I've gone but I seem to recall it it being much taller, that pane in picture 01/14 looks like it might be 10-15 feet tall max.
Are u thinking of the kelp tank?

No, not the kelp tank... I dunno maybe it was an optical illusion because the whole room is dark, and perhaps because you can physically see "up and down" that the front seemed bigger

One of those things where pictures don't do it justice :D

sfsuphysics said:

From what I read they polished it, but nothing else.

Back