Our mission

misc tank pics

Kmooresf

Supporting Member
Hi there.

Been playin with reefs for many years, however kind of by myself and with just the help of LFS in the area. I didn't realize all these forums were around, and since I have been checking them out..........I now know A LOT more than I did. I thought I was doing pretty good, but WOW there is a lot of info out there. Thought I would join a local forum and maybe even make some friends. So here I am. Live in Pacifica, CA.

Currently have three tanks up and running. 110G Tall......FOWLR that I have added a few Anemone's and mushrooms to. Now I think I am up to approx 9 anemone's! Yikes! 65G Reef and a 27G bow reef. I have fish that are 10 years old and I love all of them.

Now begining a new project to combine all three tanks into one large 350G. I will start a build thread when parts start to arrive. Here are some pics of what I have going now.

Thanks, Kris.
DSCN0174.jpg
[/img]

My tank room. The new tank will be 7' long and start at the little wall to the right of the TV and will end approx where the larger aquarium is on the left. The TV will move down to where the large aquarium on the left is. It will be the ONLY tank in the room (for now....LOL!). 84" x 32" x 30".......350 by AGE with starfire glass. Yay!
IMG_0264.jpg

Some fish........new juvinile Vlamingi Tang (for the new tank)
IMG_1381.jpg

7 year old snowflake Eel.......he is about 28" long now. Not overly fat as I don't over feed him. really a beautiful fish.
DSCN0243.jpg

One of Two large Brittle stars in the Fowlr tank. Got them about 3" each.....now they stretch about 12-14" and eat constantly.
IMG_1378.jpg

Front of the 110 tall. Maxspect LED's. Not as cool as the newer stuff, but got me back into the tanks, so I am happy for them. They will light my refugium and eventual frag tank later on.
IMG_1384.jpg

psychedelic blue / magenta lights
DSCN0470.jpg

From above.........hungry swarmers
DSCN0419.jpg

welcome from pacifica as well. My wife is from Linda mar and I am from the top of the hill in the westview area. be careful combining tanks into one as I did thid before and had a serious crash and lost almost everything. My biggest hit was my dwarf golden moray that I had for five years. I got another one when the tank established , but it still hurt. I went from a 100 gallon that had a 60 gallon and two 20 gallon tanks gravity fed into the sump so that was 4 tanks off of one sump and put all that water and critters into the 240 but had to add a good amount of water since my sump on the 240 is 125 gallons and yeah, not a fun time. good luck with the new tank.

Thanks everyone.

The next tank will be a lot of fun for me. I have been planning for several months now. Have ordered a custom sump with a seperate 30 gallon refugium and a skimmer from a guy in Denver, CO. He has some great stuff and high quality. His business is called "Lifereef." Anyway, It will be here around the begining of January. I haven't ordered my tank yet because I am getting rotator cuff surg in December. I decided to wait since I will be pretty much useless for several months after that. I feel like the surg is a good thing. It will give me time to save a bit more money, so I can do more right from the start.

@ JRocha.........thanks for the heads up. I have now heard this from several people. I was planning on dumping them all in at the same time and using my current liverock / sand, etc. However after many people have told me there horror stories of doing this.......I am going to buy about 150 - 200 lbs of new live rock..........add that first........then add my small 27G bowfront inhabitants and rock and let them cycle the tank. I will keep all the other tanks going and add them a little at a time. I am also considering replacing all of my sand. Many people seem to think keeping my sand is a bad idea. Seems so strange to me, as the sand I have is SO active. Any advice on that front would be great.

I will eventually get either AI lighting, or the new Radions. However until then I will just use the lighting I currently have. Won't cover the whole tank, but It will cover any corals I put in there until I can afford other lighting. Anywho, I look forward to hearing, learning and maybe meeting some of you in the future.

Kris.

Thanks again everyone. Glad to be here. Plan to be a supporting member, but since I would have to renew in a month.....I think I'll wait.

Houser......you make a good point. Yes, I do have anxiety about having one tank. However, my strategy is to do this tank in stages. First the display tank with sump, fuge, skimmer. Then new lighting.....gets things going and add a calcium reactor.......then eventually I would like to add another "tub" if you will...with live rock and a frag tank. Also will add a Qt tank at some point. I'm hoping it will keep back the urge for more tanks. Otherwise I'm gonna. Need an intervention!!! Lol!

Kris.

Got some crazy magnetic lenses for my iphone. Just trying them out. ;) Macro, telephoto (only 2x) and fish eye. Just kinda fun. However it is a phone, kind of impressive. ;) Hope everyone is having a good December.

You can really see the UV bulbs in my LED's in this shot.
IMG_1608.jpg

I like the Lemon Peel in this one. Checkin me out.
IMG_1581.jpg

One of two sps that I have. LOL! I don't even know what it is. :(
IMG_1571.jpg

These could be better, but I am limited by how close the corals are to the glass.
IMG_1567.jpg

New polyp rock that seems to be doing well. Looks better under the actinics, but didn't think to change the light for the photo.
IMG_1564.jpg

Back