High Tide Aquatics

my 70 gallons of seawater

soo here we goooooOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.........................

i bought this 70 gallon oceanic tech tank about 3 weeks ago? finished plumbing last wednesday or so... did all the rock/sand xfer last night.. here are some shots of it.. i think i'm gonna just have a nanostream and the return for flow. after xferring all the stuff over, i realized how spoiled i was w/ 48x24 foot print vs 36x18.. i havent moved the corals over yet but this weekend i will.

the front half of the sand bed is mixed w/ aragonite and miracle mud.. i'll be getting some seagrass in about 2 weeks and planting it into the substrate.

dsb002.jpg

70002.jpg

70007.jpg

Sam. I think I must have missed the reason, but why are you downsizing? Or are you setting up another tank?

BTW, it looks like it will be great. Can't wait to see it fully loaded. :D

Looks like a good start man.... I believe you mentioned this was going to be a mixed reef.... how much of the tank is going to be seagrass/plants?

lyn,

this is.. the downsize.. i went from a 80g to a 70g :D (basically a 2 bathroom to 1 bathroom)

jeff,

yeah its going to be a mixed reef. softies, stonys, seagrass and macros. i really don't know how i'm gonna cram all the corals i've collected the past 6 months into this tank.

the sandbed is going to have seagrass.. i've ordered some stargrass and it will be here the first week of march.

i don't have a fixture for this yet but considering the lumenmax elite w/ a 250w radium 20k bulb to keep the livestock happy. either that or coralife aqualight pro, current outer orbit pro..

hiney's don't work for me :( that was my favorite brew for a while but i like bud now..

lol.. phong.

heres a dirty FTS

fts-1.jpg

heres a close up of the three amigos

threeamigos.jpg

i really need to get some halides over the tank. some of my corals browned during the xfer :(

Looks really nice dude. Too bad that overflow is so visible and ugly. Make a small acrylic cover with some rubble on it to cover it up or something.

thanks guys :)

it won't be fraggalicious after this weekends swap. alot of it is cluttering up the sand bed right now :( i have a separate tub of frags that isn't going into the tank.

You weren't kidding when you said you didn't have enough space. It is jammed tight in there! But it looks great. :D

lol i was thinking of doing that eric or some sps ;) if i end up putting sps on there i'll throw another tunze to help w/ the flow.

yeah the sand bed is sad.. its covered :( it'll be cleared up by this weekends mars swap. i'll be planting some halophila this week.

Back