got ethical husbandry?

My DIY fish trap.

Just did a DIY fish trap to catch my male bellus that has been picking on my new acquired watanabe.

DSCN2311.jpg

Phong, That was just an acrylic box that I bought at taps. Thickness is so thin am afraid the router might break it. I spend about 10$ for the materials.

Sure Joyce you can borrow it anytime. I just have to catch my bellus first.

1/4" thick? I have some bit that suppose to be able to cut thin plastic. I have to give it a try. You bought the stuff from the scrap bin right? I love that bin.

Phong, I think the thickness of the box is about 1/8". Really very thin.

Look at what I caught just in the first try. There are 3 fishes inside: purple, blue tang and a male bellus my trap.

DSCN2321.jpg

Wow, that is cool. You got the fish you were after. I am looking into making one for myself. Perry, what was your material list at Tap ?

Hi Joyce,

Here are the main materials I used. Got them all from Tap plastics.

1. weld-on #16 cement
2. have them cut you a 4"x6" 3/8" thick acrylic for the door

3 acrylic box/container 4x6"
plastic-container.jpg

4. 30" long 3/4" acrylic tube -- for feeding.
416_cleartube.jpg

5. I used this for the door slider/track see if you can have them cut it for you 2 piece of 6" lenght.
202_joining.jpg

6. 2"x2" 1/4" thick white acrylic or plastic and have them drip a 3/4" hole in the middle. I used this to spot where the hole is in the box when I insert the feeding tube.

7. two pieces of 1/2" by 4". You'll use this a stopper so that when you pull the door open does not come off its slider/track.

Hi Joyce, I can sell you my diy fish trap for the price of the materials ~$10, since I'll be going back to Tap Plastics this week for another project (wavebox with 3 tunzes) that I'm working on. I can grab the same parts there to make another one. Let me know.

Back