got ethical husbandry?

Nature Films Staged? Of Coarse They are....

Is there anything real anymore?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/09/21/AR2010092105782_pf.html

-Gregory

I like when they say it's a wild shot, yet you see aquarium gravel/pebbles in the shot that are not found in that area :lol:

The ones that always got me were the "wild" wolf packs. Most of the time they were Malamutes. My wife and I have had several mals over the years. Very hard to confuse the two if your familar with the breed.

The part of the article that really made me LOL was the bear pawing through the entrails of the deer for jelly beans. :D

-Gregory

Yeah one of my favorite shows "Wild America" with Marty Stouffer (They later made a movie about it) was well known to stage shots, but lets be honest, most of the "wonders" of nature aren't going to happen if there's a film crew pointing a camera and lots of lights at it :D

sfsuphysics said:
Yeah one of my favorite shows "Wild America" with Marty Stouffer (They later made a movie about it) was well known to stage shots, but lets be honest, most of the "wonders" of nature aren't going to happen if there's a film crew pointing a camera and lots of lights at it :D

Oh yah... jumping out of a helicopter to capture some animal, or a group of the wrestling a giant snake. Mutual of Omaha's Wild America, right?

There used to be a lady in Homer, AK that fed bald eagles from her back yard and had a nice backdrop of the bay and glacier. They raised a bug stink about her feeding them when I was a kid. Part of the article mentioned that 90% of bald eagle nature photos published nationwide had been taken there.

GreshamH said:
sfsuphysics said:

Oh yah... jumping out of a helicopter to capture some animal, or a group of the wrestling a giant snake. Mutual of Omaha's Wild America, right?

Mutual of Omaha was Wild Kingdom I believe, Wild America (I could be wrong on that name) was one that seemed to be exclusively on PBS (KQED) at least when I watched it.

Marlyn Perkins was my hero as a kid. He'd calmly have a 30 foot python by the head while telling us some facinating facts about the snake and his assistant Jim woud be behind him with 40 people being squeezed to death.

-Gregory

Back