Neptune Aquatics

Need help with bringing back tank spotlight of the month

So this was something set up by a past member and when he left I took it over. Fast forward threw my being hurt and covid shutdowns and my working 60 plus hours a week it kinda fell by the way side. Ive reached out to people who didn't want show their tanks for a variety of reason. So what Im looking for is a tank to spotlight for sept and hopefully get this back on track. Your tank does not have to be the best ever made. As long as your happy with it all your doing is sharing it with others in the club. You can pm me if your interested. Hope to have few tanks lined up

My vote, We should change this to "Tank of the Quarter/Season" and have people include progression shots throughout the 3 month period. Maybe also include some of their maintenance routine, dosing and feeding schedule, etc. Would put less pressure to find a new person every month.

My vote, We should change this to "Tank of the Quarter/Season" and have people include progression shots throughout the 3 month period. Maybe also include some of their maintenance routine, dosing and feeding schedule, etc. Would put less pressure to find a new person every month.
I like that idea, at least until everyone whips their tanks into shape and we could go back to month-month.

do we even really have enough active members to do a tank of the month?
There are 25 supporting members online right now so we got 2 years worth :), but that’s a good point we do have limited numbers to have ToTM in its current state as an upper echelon of tanks.

Maybe it can be a mini tank journal where people talk about their tanks on the month they’re nominated without it being focused on the best tanks in the club? There haven’t been many ToTM since I’ve joined so I’m not sure what the precedent is, but maybe it’s time to adjust it to be more inclusive and therefore more active? I’d be happy to help on this if people like that idea. I really like reading people’s journals

I don't think it was ever about having the nicest tank in the club. Any tank or tub of water qualifies as long as you were willing to share with us. From the inception, the tanks were chosen by the previous months tank owner. If you were chosen and WILLING to write something up about what you have been cooking up with your fish addiction. TAG : You are it this month
In my opinion it should never be about who has the best tank. it's about the fun / love of the hobby. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

I don't think it was ever about having the nicest tank in the club. Any tank or tub of water qualifies as long as you were willing to share with us. From the inception, the tanks were chosen by the previous months tank owner. If you were chosen and WILLING to write something up about what you have been cooking up with your fish addiction. TAG : You are it this month
In my opinion it should never be about who has the best tank. it's about the fun / love of the hobby. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
Gotcha, that’s awesome! I wasn’t aware, but with that said I’ll throw my hat in the ring for the next one. I nominated someone with what I would call a show tank and after they didn’t accept it made me question my eligibility. But that was my fault for not asking earlier.

I find so much value in writing out my process for peer review so I’m all for it

From my understanding its never been about who has the nicest tank. And when I took it over I carried that same thought. Just a simple spotlight of the month. If the club wants to do something different with this thread lets do it. I personally like tank of the month but am always open to change. I do have someone lined up for this month. Thread coming soon

Back