Kessil

New Job, New Tank -- 20G IM

After the sad crash of my 5G at my last job, I decided it was time to set up something now that my mini-sabbatical is over and having started my new job.

But this time, I decided to really do it properly with a bigger and more accomodating system. I measured the desk panel are I had in mind and at first was thinking of either an IM 40 or one of the spare biocube 29s I have in mind.

I will likely have to move in about 1.5 years when our new office building is completed so that rules out the 40, and since I will be staring at the tank up close, I ruled out on my biocubes. plus, I wanted something rimless.

So, found a very lightly used IM 20 and went with that.

Equipment:

Tank: IM 20
Pump: 2x Tune 1073.008
Heater: Aqueon 100W (wanted to use my Fluval E-100 but decided to save that for another build)
ATO: Smart micro ATO
Auto-feeder: Eheim
Light: Radion G3 XR15 Pro
Refugium light: Alpine 5W submersible halogen pond light with red glass cover installed
Skimmer: NuvoSkim Desktop (replaces the Ghost skimmers) -- on its way
Flow: 2xGeneric RFG (banished them here after my PSA rant)

Media:
*No socks...just a make shift media basket using egg crate.
*Sponge and carbon on one end, Sponge and bio-media ceramic on the other end.
*Chamber 1: Marinepure from my home tanks
*Chamber 2: Chaeto and fuge light.

Stock (mostly stolen from home):
*2x yellow striped maroon clowns
*1x hairy shroom (vietnam)
*2x RFAs
*1x OG Bounce momma (gotta look at something pretty right?)
*handful of acans and favias
*mushroom rock
*some random bivalves
*4 Hawaiian zebra hermit crabs
*1 urchin (short-spine, black)
*stomatella snail
*1 JB (arrived yesterday :D )

upload_2019-3-21_15-47-48.png

My NuvoSkim Desktop came early today... So rearranged the compartments a bit to make room. Put the marine pure balls with the chato setup in Chamber 2. NuvoSkim went into Chamber 1. AT first I was worried I was sent the wrong thing by BRS. The box it was shipped in was HUGE.

upload_2019-3-22_17-22-58.png

upload_2019-3-22_17-23-22.png

Skimmer looks good but breaking in right now --pretty silent overall though.

upload_2019-3-22_17-23-52.png

Also, broke down and broke my rule about not adding more RFA since I was planning to put in a CC Inferno into this tank.

upload_2019-3-22_17-24-33.png

Back