Reef nutrition

New - Saying Hi

iCon

Supporting Member
So I've been a BAR browser for a while but never made a real effort to use the site. I also forgot which e-mail and password I used previously so I just created a new one ;)

I've met a few of you over the past couple of years and look forward to meeting more of you, learning, and contributing as I can.

Happy Reefing :beer:

OH beer didn't even cross my mind till now, I'll add that to the to do list:

1) dinner
2) beer
3) profit?

:beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

Any particularly interesting forums/topics you guys think I should check out? I'm still getting used to the layout heh

iCon, all the forums area pretty interesting depending on your desires. I'm not sure though what forums you have access to. Some are blocked to non-BAR members. I personally like the General (Aquarium Discussion) forums, DBTC, propagation and entropic zone. ...but i don't browse forums directly, I use "New posts" :p

Gomer said:
iCon, all the forums area pretty interesting depending on your desires. I'm not sure though what forums you have access to. Some are blocked to non-BAR members. I personally like the General (Aquarium Discussion) forums, DBTC, propagation and entropic zone. ...but i don't browse forums directly, I use "New posts" :p

Ahhh "New Posts.." That's what I was looking for. I assume you need to be a paid member for the DBTC threads. Are there also WTB/FS/FT threads for paid members?(Membership thread just says 'all' so I'm not sure what that includes or if there's hidden threads etc) I have some purple gorgonian I would like to share...Not rare or expensive and not even sure if desirable...but I don't remember seeing them in any of my recent LFS visits...But then again, SPS/favia/acans/chalices grab my attention rather quickly....

Thanks again for the warm welcome

Not sure if any of you guys still check these threads after the first few days but I'm not sure where else to ask...so... After flipping through the site I have a few questions.. If they're entirely obvious - I'm sorry but it's still early ....x_x

1. Where are the monthly meetings?
2. Have a Tyree War frag for DBTC that could be turned into 2 frags & a slow growing Gorgonian - If I can't make the BAR meeting, where does the exchange take place? People are from all over the Bay and if drawing numbers, what if the 'winner' is in 'Concord', ie. not close by (Concord is great, you guys are just far ;] )? Just keep picking until someone can meet or is there a way for people to tell how close they are to each other? Would like to play by the DBTC unspoken/spoken-that-I-don't-see rules of the game. Or do I just pick cool sounding handles??? Don't really know too many of you so you're all the same! kinda..... =P

Not even sure if these questions make sense or blahblahblah - Reply as you see fit ;) Thx

1) Meetings are held the second Sat of the month at Cabot College in Hayward. Depending on the meeting/event, it is held in either the cafeteria or the room adjacent to it. Every other meeting is a BOD meeting, with general meetings and event filling inbetween. Next month is BAYMAC as a meeting replacement (we host). June is a BOD meeting, July is a general meeting etc.

2) as DBTC donor, you set your rules. Picking numbers is one way, pure requests/dist is another. If you want to make it a requirement to pick up at your house or the safeway down the street from you on Sat at noon, or the OK coral, then that is up to you :) There are very few rules in DBTC. Most are member created. Typical ones are

must pick up at next meeting
Must pass on 2 frags before selling/trading
must be a BAR member (implicit now that DBTC is a restricted forum)
Must have a stable tank and are able to care for the type of coral

Add/subtract/adjust the "rules" to your liking :)

Thanks Tony

Didn't realize everything was out of Hayward...for some reason I thought it floated around the Bay. Oh well, guess I'll suck it up and make my way over. Thanks for clearing up the meetings/events and the DBTC rules...I was going through the posts and they seemed standard but not really...ie...'washing cars' ?! Hmmm................................ :|

Back