Jestersix

New to BAR

Hello! I joined over a month ago so this is a bit of a delayed intro. It was nice to meet many of you at the LFS tour last weekend :)

I've kept fish tanks on and off most of my life, but just started getting into corals about 4 years ago. My current tank is a 125 gallon that I started 3 years ago. I have mostly LPS and softies and a few easy SPS. I haven't done much fragging of corals yet, but I'd like to learn so I can participate in the next frag swap.

Here are a few recent pictures of my tank.

left%20side_zpsh4h2a1pt.jpg

middle_zpsvap69nq3.jpg

right%20side_zpsrsh6pbrs.jpg

- Lisa

Welcome Lisa,

I like how you have your GPS growing on your back wall.....I bet it looks cool as it sways in the current...

I love the openness of your rockwork. Looks like your corals make for really nice movement in there. Is that a Bird's Nest - top center spiky one? (out of reefing for awhile - rusty) I like how it has grown out freely in its open space. Thanks for posting the pics!

Welcome! That's a great looking tank. Hopefully we'll see you at one of the meetups.

Thanks! I plan to go to most of the meetups. The LFS tour last weekend was so much fun! I won a gift card, got some awesome frags (at BAR discount prices), had some pizza, and met some really nice people. Don't know why I didn't join sooner.

I love the openness of your rockwork. Looks like your corals make for really nice movement in there. Is that a Bird's Nest - top center spiky one? (out of reefing for awhile - rusty) I like how it has grown out freely in its open space. Thanks for posting the pics!

Thanks! Yes those are both birds nest. The color is hard to see because I don't have a good camera, but it's green and orange. I can give you some if you want, it's very easy to grow.

Back