High Tide Aquatics

New to the Area and to BAR!

B the Nano Reefer

Supporting Member
Hi All!

Moved to the Bay Area from Toronto, where I had a good group of supportive fellow reefers that really helped each other build great tanks! Looking to see what BAR has to offer and getting to know some of you all.

Recently set up a NUVO 20 and am looking to fill it with coral, including a zoa garden! Off the bat, if you have anything you’re willing to part with, please do reach out!

Cheers!

Moved to the Bay Area from Toronto, where I had a good group of supportive fellow reefers that really helped each other build great tanks! Looking to see what BAR has to offer and getting to know some of you all.
Welcome to BAR! As JVU suggested, I'd strongly recommend becoming a supporting member. Also, start a Tank Journal so you can keep track of your progress, and what works or doesn't - https://www.bareefers.org/forum/forums/tank-journals/

Also, read through this message: https://www.bareefers.org/forum/threads/be-your-own-avatar.30377/

Thanks all for the warm welcome! Becoming a supporting member seems like a no brainer, so definitely looking into that!

I’m in Dublin. Not much going on here compared to Toronto, where I’m originally from, so my tank will be what keeps me sane outside of work lol

Will try to get tank journal started this weekend, most likely!

Pleasant Hill is not to far from me! Here is a current shot of the tank. Goal is to have it filled to the brim (as much as is practical and appropriate… and the thinning wallet will permit… with coral). Work in progress :)

Attachments

• 154375D6-A5AA-4257-AFA1-49A4A852C0FE.jpeg
    154375D6-A5AA-4257-AFA1-49A4A852C0FE.jpeg
    116.9 KB · Views: 162
Welcome B! I'm in Dublin also. It's definitely suburban but everything from social events to outdoors are not too far away :)

Be sure to check out the upcoming frag swap. If you need any frags to contribute, lmk and I can give you a couple.

Thanks very much Casey! That is very generous. Would love to see your tank if you have pics!

Still have to catch up on the logistics of these frag swaps when I get the chance. Someone kindly shared the thread for the last one. Think I’m going to like it here. Will most likely become a supporting member and attend. Stay tuned :)

Thanks very much Casey! That is very generous. Would love to see your tank if you have pics!

Still have to catch up on the logistics of these frag swaps when I get the chance. Someone kindly shared the thread for the last one. Think I’m going to like it here. Will most likely become a supporting member and attend. Stay tuned :)
If you're using this on your phone you can turn your phone sideways and see his tank journal in his signature. Kind of neat.

Thanks everyone! Wow, right around the corner! Any LFS you’d highly recommend for frags? Or is this forum the place to be?
Once you become a supporting member, you can participate in DBTC - its the crown jewel of this club.
It also helps support coral propagation and reduces the load on wild caught coral.

Back