Neptune Aquatics

Northbay's tank

The left side of the tank was bleached in November due to a faulty broken bulb, but it has been restocked recently so hopefully it will fill up soon.

the tank is a 210 with a 90 gal remote fuge, 40 gal remote sump and a 30 gal frag tank connected inline.
lighting is 3 250 watt radium and 2 vho actinics, t5 blue plus is used for extreme dawn to dusk effect
filtration: ASM g3 skimmer with an analy ozone, filter sock, carbons, and phophate sponge
maintenance: 10% water change biweekly, clean skimmer and sock
additive: calcium reactor, kalk reactor, 2 parts solution for making adjustments
food: formula 1 & 2 pellets, brine, cylope
Controller: ACJR
anything else you want to know please ask. :D

fulltankshot-1.jpg

Great tank! I really like the color of your lighting.

Any close up pics of corals?

I'd have to agree though, that frame is hilarious, lol. :D :D

I'm using 3x 400w rightnow and I'm planning to add another 400w MH cause the sides of my tank are a bit darker. So, I'm thinking of 2x 250w for the sides and 2x 400w MH in the middle.

the 400watter are killer, you don't need that much light, get 4 250 watter

Actually, there are many ways to lower your bill and here are some sugestion:

1, get a smaller return pump, most people over kill with a large return pump, if you have good flow insdie your tank then the return pump doesn't have to be large

2, shorter photo period

3, keep less fishies so you don't have to have a huge skimmer

4, use controller to turn off lights when temp get too hot so your chiller doesn't have to kick in.

5, use controller to only turn on fan when tank temp rises in the winter time otherwise leave it off so your halide can keep the tank warm in the winter to save energy.

6, turn off all the unnecessary pumps and frag tank ect

7, use kill a watt to find your energy hog equipment and remove or replace them

Back