Jestersix

[Oct 25, 2014] October General Membership Meet (Hayward, CA)

Hello BAR members!

It's that time of the year where our nomination committee will be presenting BOD candidates for the 2015 term. October was originally a month dedicated to BAP but with some recent club setbacks, we had decided to just postpone BAP to next year where we're better prepared to hold an even that meets or exceeds BAR's high standard.

This meet will primarily focus on the presentation of BOD candidates and act as an open Q&A forum. A lot of proposed changes are in the making and will require your input so it's encouraged that you all attend. Please feel free to bring a list of questions and the BOD will try to answer them to the best of their ability. :)

Stay tuned as additional details unfold in the coming days/weeks.

UPDATE (11/24): Aquatic Collection and Neptune Aquatics have graciously donated some goods for tomorrow's general membership meet. If you're interested in finding out what they've donated to the club, be sure to stop by tomorrow's general membership meet and hear who the nominating committee has to present for next year's 2015 BOD members!

Last edited:
Hey everyone, the meet has been postponed to the 25th to ensure that the entire BOD is present. For the few (or many) that can make it, see you there!

What are the details of this meet? Are they posted in another thread?

Justin (San Francisco),
sent from tapatalk

I just logged into the site and learned that tapatalk doesn't show ALL the info and answered my own question above.

I am looking forward to meeting everyone! I understand from other posts that there is a need for service on the BOD and I am willing to contribute. My work schedule allows for flexibility and active participation. I have been in the hobby 19 years, and I have board experience from my past career in Real Estate so I hope that the group will find value in my contribution and see fit to appoint me to a position on the board. Either way, I am excited to attend the event and become a more active member in BAR!

Last edited:
Since this is a campus, is there Wi-Fi or internet access in the room? Does it make sense for someone to bring a laptop and set up Google Chat so that folks can listen in if they can't make it to the physical meeting?

Geneva that is a good idea. That would be a good candidate for a hangout on air. I can bring a laptop if we confirm WiFi is available

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Geneva that is a good idea. That would be a good candidate for a hangout on air. I can bring a laptop if we confirm WiFi is available

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Ty - please bring your laptop - I just remembered we always use PayPal so there must be internet connectivity. Hopefully, you can set up Google Hangout for anyone that may want to join us remotely?

FOLKS - anyone out there wanting to join our meeting but can't make the drive to Hayward?! Please let us know! Thanks!

Aquatic Collection and Neptune Aquatics have graciously donated some goods for tomorrow's general membership meet. If you're interested in finding out what they've donated to the club, be sure to stop by tomorrow's general membership meet and hear who the nominating committee has to present for next year's 2015 BOD members!

Back