Jestersix

ofzakaria 2nd zeo

ofzakaria

Supporting Member
Btw anyone heard before about how healthy or not feeding fresh water fish and shrimp to marine fish? I read somewhere it's bad for marine fish health...is that true?

scuzy

Supporting Member
Btw anyone heard before about how healthy or not feeding fresh water fish and shrimp to marine fish? I read somewhere it's bad for marine fish health...is that true?
They might lack the enzyme to break down certain stuff. Maybe enrich it with omega 3 fatty acid?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

ofzakaria

Supporting Member
This month ICP. Things still in check

Ni went down
Ba within range.
Po4 climbed a bit but this is intended as am trying to speed up the growth of all the frags I added recently. The impact is showing already, almost all the frags encrusted the rocks. Will start dropping the po4 a bit to go back and focused on coloration and vertical growth..

ofzakaria

Supporting Member
Some pics of the frag to compare base growth when I bumped the po4 in my system.all these frags were glued to the plugs a month ago or so.

Attachments

Last edited:

ofzakaria

Supporting Member
Forgot to update one more thing.
I started using CDX co2 scrubber media. So far performance is very good and the media turn purple as it exhaust like the old brs media used to (not any more their current co2 media for some reason do not change color).
With the travel restrictions it was harder to get the Pacific sun media which was incredible btw..
I tried half a liter batch if the CDX and just ordered 4L batch since I lole oral performance.
Am able to keep my ph range 8.0 to ~8.3 which is bit lower than with Pacific sun media but still pretty good..

scuzy

Supporting Member
Are you not able to duck air from outside? I dose alk and air pull from outside so my ph is 8.0-8.4 throughout the day.

ofzakaria

Supporting Member
Are you not able to duck air from outside? I dose alk and air pull from outside so my ph is 8.0-8.4 throughout the day.

Yeh during winter its inposs9ble to open a window. I cannot have a pipe from outside to the skimmer due to the location of the tank so this is kinda my only option.
I have 2 dogs, 2 cats, and our family of 3 so you can imagine ha ha..
Without co2 scrubber my ph will be 7.7 to barley 8...

Last edited:

ofzakaria

Supporting Member
Oops i mean kalkwaisser not alk.

Yeh I do not like kalk cause I have no idea how much all and cal its adding so I never used it. I also do not have a space fo4 another reactor, the dastaco 2 chambers carx is rather large..

That being said many ppl use kalk especially with carx..seems to be good for ph improvement..

scuzy

Supporting Member
When my tank was full i ran kalk as a top off and it kept my ph pretty steady and my alk was linear according to my kh director.

ofzakaria

Supporting Member
When my tank was full i ran kalk as a top off and it kept my ph pretty steady and my alk was linear according to my kh director.

Do you happen to know (out of experience) how much ca kalk will add? Is it equal ratio to the alk?
How about when your evaporation is higher than usual? Do you do anything special to control the additives?

scuzy

Supporting Member
I alk and calcium is pretty much same so if the kalk is giving you the right alk level then i dial down the calrx. I i usually have the apex check if ph is too high it shuts down the co2 for carx so it doesn’t skyrocket my alk/calcium

ofzakaria

Supporting Member
Got a new shipment from a buddy of mine who run a coral farm in Taiwan. He started bringing to the states recently.. The scale at which he operate is unbelievable. I got great prices too.. Frags around 1.5" size pictures not good enough still acclimating the frags. But they arrived in good condition in the bags...finger crossed..

Og tck pikachu
Arc fireworks
Wwc Heartbreaker
Vivid rainbow delight
Nothern lights
Fhc bluerocket
Prometheus
Jf dragon queen
Jf sour twist

Attachments

Last edited: