License to krill

ofzakaria 2nd zeo

ofzakaria

Supporting Member
Sweet looking pieces.

Goes to show, it's not what you know it's who you know :D

I'm curious though he has a coral farm but has "US" corals? Imports them, grows them out, then sends them back?
Yeh agreed 100%.
His farm is massive..I mean really massive. Swimming pools built near shores.
They carry all type of coral.
These names given by us based vendors are just names, it's not like they are creating it ha ha. I never cared about fancy names, it's just marketing trick to over charge I feel..
My understanding is that they import coral from different places in the world, frag and grow them then they sell..
I think these farms use the same names if certain coral become a household name and recognizable.
Man these farms are impressive..
The first picture is during a water change..its freaking swimming pool lol

Attachments

sfsuphysics

BOD
Staff member
These names given by us based vendors are just names, it's not like they are creating it ha ha. I never cared about fancy names, it's just marketing trick to over charge I feel..
Oh I know, and I agree 100%, however if there are people that are very picky about "lineage" they want a coral that came from a particular mother colony, from a particular vendor (usually), and there are those who have been known to name a coral they have that looks like another the same name because there is a high $$$ amount pinned to it.

But wow, those coral grow outs are fantastic!
I would have a big grow out area personally, if it wasn't for the high cost of electricity here thanks to PG&E, plus I'm really not the kind of guy to sell corals to others to recoup that cost, for me it's just about the fun of farming, seeing little things grow into big things gives me a sense of joy.

ofzakaria

Supporting Member
Oh I know, and I agree 100%, however if there are people that are very picky about "lineage" they want a coral that came from a particular mother colony, from a particular vendor (usually), and there are those who have been known to name a coral they have that looks like another the same name because there is a high $$$ amount pinned to it.

I would have a big grow out area personally, if it wasn't for the high cost of electricity here thanks to PG&E, plus I'm really not the kind of guy to sell corals to others to recoup that cost, for me it's just about the fun of farming, seeing little things grow into big things gives me a sense of joy.
Agree with you on lineage, although sad thing is that all these names are essentially pieces collected from ocean, sold for dirt cheap, reached one of these vendors, slapped a name and multiplied the price by xx factor.
Btw I just asked him, he said the one with these names are purchased locally and sent to grow in texas. Look like that's why household names, they only sell frags not big cuts or colonies while they do with other corals.

Last edited:

ofzakaria

Supporting Member
Interesting how they seem to drain the tank to work in it, then fill it back up.
I think it's also the day they doing inspection and such, also remember they have them near shores, they use filtered sea water..
Otherwise they need divers ha ha

Last edited:

ofzakaria

Supporting Member

Man this is my retirement dream..farm with coral instead of farm with cow and sheep's ha ha..

ofzakaria

Supporting Member
Btw anyone like I can give you mother's guys contacts. He runs their tx facilities and do sell to customers, not only bulk sales..
I got these 9 frags that was shipped from there..
I think they have min frag number per transaction thu.. not sure

RandyC

Supporting Member
Btw anyone like I can give you mother's guys contacts. He runs their tx facilities and do sell to customers, not only bulk sales..
I got these 9 frags that was shipped from there..
I think they have min frag number per transaction thu.. not sure
you happen to have a list of what he’s selling/growing? I’ll take that contact info if you don’t mind. Thanks.

ofzakaria

Supporting Member
you happen to have a list of what he’s selling/growing? I’ll take that contact info if you don’t mind. Thanks.
Sure thing randy. I used to have it but i lost the list, i need to dig it up. I sent you his email, he should share you a list if what he have here in USA. They just started bringing things, I believe the list keeps changing cause they are selling only what's in USA facilities after coral settle and established before they ship back to customers.

max_nano

Supporting Member
Has anyone gotten a list back from them? If so could I get a pm. Interested, but I’d want to know rough pricing before reaching out to them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IOnceWasLegend

Supporting Member
Sure thing randy. I used to have it but i lost the list, i need to dig it up. I sent you his email, he should share you a list if what he have here in USA. They just started bringing things, I believe the list keeps changing cause they are selling only what's in USA facilities after coral settle and established before they ship back to customers.
If you don't mind, I'd love to get their contact info as well. This sounds awesome!

ofzakaria

Supporting Member
Has anyone gotten a list back from them? If so could I get a pm. Interested, but I’d want to know rough pricing before reaching out to them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sure here is his contacts. His name is alex
BAXreef@gmail.com.
I believe he has lists. But I rather whoever's intersted to contact him directly and negotiate prices directly.
He is my friend, I believe he gave me good prices and part of it the relationship for sure. I would leave to the person to negotiate prices with him directly.
Just tell him omar from california sent you, and hopefully he will take care of you.

If we end up wanting to do a club buy I am 100% in. So far his quality is very good..

Last edited:

IOnceWasLegend

Supporting Member
Sure here is his contacts. His name is alex
BAXreef@gmail.com.
I believe he has lists. But I rather whoever's intersted to contact him directly and negotiate prices directly.
He is my friend, I believe he gave me good prices and part of it the relationship for sure. I would leave to the person to negotiate prices with him directly.
Just tell him omar from california sent you, and hopefully he will take care of you.

If we end up wanting to do a club buy I am 100% in. So far his quality is very good..
Count me in on the group buy.