Jestersix

ofzakaria 2nd zeo

ofzakaria

Supporting Member
Some selected pic.
Today was not s good picture day. All the pics came with just too much blue...these were the only half decent ones.
Size is not showing well since its top view pics. But most are bigger than the pic shows.

Attachments

ofzakaria

Supporting Member
Some more

Attachments

ofzakaria

Supporting Member
You cannot argue the value of experienced reefer.
I always struggled with my PC rainbow where its deep red in my system, while I see it at Battle coral with beautiful rainbow coloration. Never figured out why.
Until I saw one at @RandyC And sure thing it was rainbow colors. So randy gave me a simple tip, reduce the PAR on it and it will change color.
So I did, and sure thing my piece started coloring from the base up...

The 2 pics, one is a piece I got from randy cause it was colored the way I like it. The other big piece is mine after I relocated it to a lower par location. You can see the rainbow colors started on the base... I couldnot get a better picture but the whole base up to 1" is rainbow colored and its moving up...
Thank you @RandyC

Attachments

Last edited:

max_nano

Supporting Member
You cannot argue the value of experienced reefer.
I always struggled with my PC rainbow where its deep red in my system, while I see it at Battle coral with beautiful rainbow coloration. Never figured out why.
Until I saw one at @RandyC And sure thing it was rainbow colors. So randy gave me a simple tip, reduce the PAR on it and it will change color.
So I dod, and sure thing my piece started coloring from the base up...

The 2 pics, one is a piece I got from randy cause it was colored the way I like it. The other big piece is mine after I relocated it to a lower par location. You can see the rainbow colors started on the base... I couldnot get a better picture but the whole base up to 1" is rainbow colored and its moving up...
Thank you @RandyC
have you tried placing the same acro in different spots in your tank to see how it does? I had been playing around with some zoas in different areas to see how the light impacts them after seeing content from top shelf aquatics showing different zoa colors based on lighting. It was interesting to see some colors increase and others decline

ofzakaria

Supporting Member
have you tried placing the same acro in different spots in your tank to see how it does? I had been playing around with some zoas in different areas to see how the light impacts them after seeing content from top shelf aquatics showing different zoa colors based on lighting. It was interesting to see some colors increase and others decline
I do that all the time. But usually I place acros at high to moderate PAR. With this one I relocated it to low par, I did not think an acro would like such low light..