Supporting Member
Bit more
Chris shortcake
Fox flame
Battle coral houdini
Battle coral fire cracker
Batyle coral rose milli
Wild milli
battle coral pc rainbow(thank you @randyfor the light tips)
Wild indo rose milli from neptune
Wild pink milli

Attachments

max_nano

Supporting Member
In the post with dipping dots first what is the second one with those wavy polyps. Top down views are so cool on the big colonies

ofzakaria

Supporting Member
In the post with dipping dots first what is the second one with those wavy polyps. Top down views are so cool on the big colonies
That's my battle coral shag priority. I have s DBTC frag if u want.
Crazy looking milli...

Last edited:

ofzakaria

Supporting Member
Meet my DIY mini spear.
I ise this tool woth great level of success to kill pests like bad acro crabs, inject aiptstia or even catch fish that are added by mistake only to discover they are not reef safe.
The needle is sharp and thin i can stick it between the coral branches no matter how tight the space is. Also crab fish or other large pests get pierced before they react and run.
So many acro crabs I catch using this needle.
I also once captured a bad leopard blenny that I added only to doscover its main diet is acros. I pierced it and took it out, believe it or not the fish survived and living happily every after in its final system.
Just now caught a bad gorilla acro crab, pierced it then my wrass took care of the rest and devoured it.

Very handy tool

Attachments

reefjedi

Supporting Member
Meet my DIY mini spear.
I ise this tool woth great level of success to kill pests like bad acro crabs, inject aiptstia or even catch fish that are added by mistake only to discover they are not reef safe.
The needle is sharp and thin i can stick it between the coral branches no matter how tight the space is. Also crab fish or other large pests get pierced before they react and run.
So many acro crabs I catch using this needle.
I also once captured a bad leopard blenny that I added only to doscover its main diet is acros. I pierced it and took it out, believe it or not the fish survived and living happily every after in its final system.
Just now caught a bad gorilla acro crab, pierced it then my wrass took care of the rest and devoured it.

Very handy tool
That’s genius!

ofzakaria

Supporting Member
You should diy a rubber banded one. Like for spear fishing

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
I had it made of transparent plastic tube, so when its in the water u cannot even see it. Which i think helped me get close to the target without them noticing it...

ofzakaria

Supporting Member
I finally figured out the source of the high zink. Look like my RODI unit needed membrane and stages change. So sad I have been dumping some metals in the system which probably what triggered some of the base STN on some of the millis.
Just placed an order for media and new membranes.

Just shows how important to always check thw basis when you facing an issue. Never occures to me to check thw RODI till last qeek only to realize it was outputting 2 ppm TDS.

My plan of attack is
- will fill in 170g natural seawater so i start doing quick watwr changes and do not hwve to wait till thw RODI arrives
- will add a poly filter to bind some of the harmful elements in thw water(whatever poly filter do os better than nothing)

- send bi weekly icp to track levels..

Cheers.

ofzakaria

Supporting Member
How did you discover it was the RODI? Was it reading 0tds out and still contaminated?
The more i do water change the zinc and some metals increase or stay the same.
Then I realized the tds reading snd the pressure on thw rodi is low which indicates membrane lower efficiency.
Finally sent an ICP for a fresh water mix using my rodi and another using LFS RODI but using my salt. And results showd zinc and metals in the mix that had my rodi.

ofzakaria

Supporting Member
not the greatest pics but it will do for now
That laser mellon grow so skow

Attachments

ofzakaria

Supporting Member

Attachments