Kessil

ofzakaria 2nd zeo

ofzakaria

Supporting Member
A nice master scolly and rainbow Trachy courtesy of neptune. They just tanked amazing aussie shipment.i got first dip lol.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

ofzakaria

Supporting Member
Been out of state for a while. Now am back .
System doing pretty well.
Po4 no3 in check and low
Kh is stable thanks to my khg.
Will need to add more pieces soon. Will update the journal once I do so.

Loving my hydra 52 HD results so far, corals adabted and coloring up super nice. As usual my photo taking ability suck big time so colors in the pictures are not doing the coral justice...

Am thinking of doing a AWC but keep debating with myself. Anyone have long enough experience would appreciate the advice.

Super excited about the coral vue new all in one tester..holly molly that thing "if works as advertised" is amazing.

ofzakaria

Supporting Member
Just added a nice extreme davinci courtesy of Jerry. Love the white spot on the cheek of one of the fish...

Thank you jerry.

Last edited:

ofzakaria

Supporting Member
Glad to see everything is going well!
Thank you. Yeh system doing well. Still long way to go, but happy where its at.
Just tanked another trachy, scoly and couple sps courtesy of Neptune aquatics and James.... love that store. I can always find gems at much better prices than online...

I need couple of nice scolys but am not finding yet...

Last edited:

ofzakaria

Supporting Member
Got my Pacific sun photo spyglass today. Had some fun photos.
Phone photos no filters or post processing...
Major updates to the system:
- dastaco CA reactor still running. Good results so far.
- finally switched my return on this system to red dragon 100w. Pushing flowrate of 1200gph.
- had to deal with rusted magnet which caused a spike in nickel, copper and iron in the system. Lost my beloved rainbow trachy and copper others trachys. Corrected the paramaters and took out the nickel and iron using coprisorb.
Systems doing well now.
- been using easy reef (easy sps and easy booster) all sps responded very well to the feeding.
- switched my co2 scrubber from brs reactor to Pacific sun co2 reactor. Much better performance and ph values never been this high (7.9~8.25)
- changed the t5 bulbs at 9 months mark

Oh and I finally got a nice jason fox raja rampage chalic. I love this chalic and its unique black rings around the yellow eyes...

Last edited:

Flagg37

Supporting Member
What do you think the difference is in the co2 scrubbers? Don’t they just pass water over the media? If one works better does it just use up the media faster or is there someway that it is actually more efficient?

ofzakaria

Supporting Member
What do you think the difference is in the co2 scrubbers? Don’t they just pass water over the media? If one works better does it just use up the media faster or is there someway that it is actually more efficient?
I think you meant pass air not water correct?

Maybe the brs reactor did not pass enough air thru the media as you said. I am also using carbo ex, ati co2 scrubber media. I think the media itself is also better and do not require humidity induction like the brs media.. still early to make a final judgment..

am not sure about the media consumption yet, but even if that is the case for me the goal was to improve ph with the new reactor ph is significantly improved.

Will see how this goes over the coming couple of months...

Flagg37

Supporting Member
I wonder where Barium is coming from.

How long is the turnaround time from when you mail it to when the results are posted?

ofzakaria

Supporting Member
I wonder where Barium is coming from.

How long is the turnaround time from when you mail it to when the results are posted?
It almost always take 9 days from the day I drop in the mail.

The Barium I think is coming from my zeolites. Which is ok, I always have high barium. I can remove it with rowaphos but I stopped doing so cause am not sure its harmful.. at least when the rest is in tune..
Anyone have linked barium to bad side effects?

ofzakaria

Supporting Member
What was the rust issue from? Vectra impeller?
Yup that damn pump was grinding metals in to my system. It was also adding such heat that it melted the impeller housing and started grinding on its magnet.
I caught it thanks to Triton test that showed high fe and cu.
Now am using red dragon exclusively..