License to krill

Ofzakaria's IM 25g Lagoon

ofzakaria

Supporting Member
Does ATI recommend a specific salt to pair with their system
They have their own salt but I woipd not worry about it. At the end of the day for trace elements the way to go is to depend on the icp.
I also use TMP which is well balanced and low on some of the invasive trace elements..

ofzakaria

Supporting Member
Yeah, Nickel, Copper, Zinc... great things to be adding to a tank :D
I do not know how to respond to this statment lol.
All these elements are part of the trace elements in natural sea water.
Its all about ratios, its jot if you have it its bad..
When ICP show zero of these element they recommend dosing it, but it's considered for experts cause over dosing os bad with these guys. More reasons i like the fact that it's properly added to the solution where I do not need to worry about ratio mixing...at least that's in theory..
Will see once I start dosing and testing.

max_nano

Supporting Member
This is an ICP for TMP. These elememts are zero in the salt, which lead me to believe having it properly mixed in the addtives is a good thing;)

Yeah I wasn’t sure if they recommend starting with a salt which already includes the mix of trace they resupply. It’s all coming together, how’s the test frag been doing

ofzakaria

Supporting Member
Yeah I wasn’t sure if they recommend starting with a salt which already includes the mix of trace they resupply. It’s all coming together, how’s the test frag been doing
Yeh am not sure. But thats one of the reasons I ise TMP.
Frag doing well but its too early to judge..

ofzakaria

Supporting Member
I love this feature GHL has where you can set a periodic update to be sent to you via email or txt(beyond sending ot whenever there is an alarm). You can choose what the update contain.
I have it send me probs readings and outlets status every 12h.
Its really cool and useful.. i rarely open the ghl app to check on the readings.

Attachments

ofzakaria

Supporting Member
today I dosed biodigest bacteria. Planning on monthly dosing.
Also alk start dropping from the frags im the system, so started the ATI 2 parts. Starting super slow underatand the system behavior against the addtive somce additive is very potent.
Besides that things are going along well and seem stable..

Attachments

max_nano

Supporting Member
Is there a way to expand the BNC ports for the P4? With the mega set it’s 4 probes and 4 BNC so how do you connect the khg AIM? I’m looking to upgrade from the Pmini

ofzakaria

Supporting Member
Is there a way to expand the BNC ports for the P4? With the mega set it’s 4 probes and 4 BNC so how do you connect the khg AIM? I’m looking to upgrade from the Pmini
the P4 comes with 4 BNC. One dedicated for salinity, one for temp and 2 progtamable to be used for ph or redox.
you can also add up to 4 more connectors. The P4 has 2 expansion slots that you can add all kind of expansions. One of which is 2 BNC connectors that you can add to one of the expansion slots.
In my case, I do not use redox, so am using one of the exsisting BNCs for the khg the 2nd am using for PH..

max_nano

Supporting Member
the P4 comes with 4 BNC. One dedicated for salinity, one for temp and 2 progtamable to be used for ph or redox.
you can also add up to 4 more connectors. The P4 has 2 expansion slots that you can add all kind of expansions. One of which is 2 BNC connectors that you can add to one of the expansion slots.
In my case, I do not use redox, so am using one of the exsisting BNCs for the khg the 2nd am using for PH..
Gotcha. Seems like P4 mega is best bang for buck. P4e kit with addon BNC isn’t far off in price.

I do not understand how GHL prices things, they don’t segment their product lines well enough to attract different buyers. Or maybe it’s genius because it pushes people to the highest tier for the best value. I just find it odd that the P4e set is only $200 less than the p4 mega when the mega includes so much more I/O and comes with more probes. What customer segment are they trying to capture with the P4e? I can’t imagine the P4e can attract enough customers to warrant the additional skus for that line

ofzakaria

Supporting Member
Gotcha. Seems like P4 mega is best bang for buck. P4e kit with addon BNC isn’t far off in price.

I do not understand how GHL prices things, they don’t segment their product lines well enough to attract different buyers. Or maybe it’s genius because it pushes people to the highest tier for the best value. I just find it odd that the P4e set is only $200 less than the p4 mega when the mega includes so much more I/O and comes with more probes. What customer segment are they trying to capture with the P4e? I can’t imagine the P4e can attract enough customers to warrant the additional skus for that line
I was debating between P4e and P4 mega. Honestly am not using P4 mega to its full potential but ad I said before I got it because that's what I have on the the tank so it's redundant of some sort. But P4e would have given me what I need on the frag tank.

ofzakaria

Supporting Member
small update on this system.
So far am loving the ATI essentials and the carbon dosing.
The dosing is very simple and been effective.
The algae phase I almost all done. Nutrients under control and coral started recovering from the cycle phase.
Just sent an ATIlab test to try it out. Should get the results in a week or so.
One annoy thig about the ATI icp js that its sent to Germany so longer time to results.
Whats awesome about it is that thsy test your RODI with every sample you send and thsy do test elements like alk, salinity and bio load like ammonia nitrate and nitrite.. So thats pretty insightful.

ofzakaria

Supporting Member
Diatom phase pretty much cleared. Some spots here and there but all om ots way out.
The ATI carbon dosing been effective so far. Will continue experimenting with it.
Thanks to my KHG and GHL controller, alk and temp are well under control and stable.
One fun thing with the tank been not having to deal with ph or need CO2 scrubber..

Attachments

Last edited:

ofzakaria

Supporting Member
Am closing this journal. I think my time reach its end here.
Please everyone continue supporting each other and benifit others.
Those who had my cell, I will keep in touch with. I have made some amazing friends here and wish you all to experience the joy I had being on this awesome forum.