Reef nutrition

Ofzakaria's IM 25g Lagoon

RandyC

Supporting Member
Did the garage insulation today. Shoutout to @RandyC who I learned this from.
Now let's see how effective it is over the coming couple days. Of its not effective enough, I'll do professional garage insulation.
Installation was relatively easy.
Before and after pic.
Needless to say my wife hated it and think it's ugly..but hey, the garage is mine:p
Evaporative cooling and garage door insulation FTW. I don't need no stinkin' chiller! ;) Outside got to 102F in the shade and at least 106F in the sun.

Temperature for the tanks throughout the day. Hot days are super brutal when the temps stay high at night. I'm usually running around 77.0-77.5 normally.
FA0B5069-558F-4965-B8C8-4595E6B68173.png
09DD1572-0E73-4D34-93F7-7C4E4143EF45.png
BB4EDC37-CDD2-45D1-AC76-E79570DF552D.png

ofzakaria

Supporting Member

ofzakaria

Supporting Member
Yeah, I actually hit 82.1. I don't mind the temp swings as long as it doesn't go higher than that.
It's crazy cause am using the same insulation as you, my garage door similar to you, and there is no way I can get by without a chiller. Just no way. Garage still get hot..

Last edited:

ofzakaria

Supporting Member
I did get the 5 fans propeller breeze 3. Seen them 8n action before, mightily fan.
Lets see if I can reduce the chiller action through evaporative cooling like you..

Last edited:

NanoCrazed

Supporting Member
Evaporative cooling and garage door insulation FTW. I don't need no stinkin' chiller! ;) Outside got to 102F in the shade and at least 106F in the sun.

Temperature for the tanks throughout the day. Hot days are super brutal when the temps stay high at night. I'm usually running around 77.0-77.5 normally.
View attachment 18462View attachment 18463View attachment 18464
I blew the fuse on my hime office twice yesterday... never anticipated running 6 chillers on top of equipment when i built it. Should've had the 220 line in after all. Hindsight

NanoCrazed

Supporting Member
It's crazy cause am using the same insulation as you, my garage door similar to you, and there is no way I can get by without a chiller. Just no way. Garage still get hot..
My garage has glass doors so no insulating here. No chiller on the garage tank is not an option.

NanoCrazed

Supporting Member
I blew the fuse on my hime office twice yesterday... never anticipated running 6 chillers on top of equipment when i built it. Should've had the 220 line in after all. Hindsight
Thankfully we're sheltering... otherwise i would be in tears even more so...

RandyC

Supporting Member
6 chillers...wouldn't it be cheaper in the long run (and easier to a maintain) to install an A/C unit?

Edit: I forgot to add a "You're nuts!" comment.

NanoCrazed

Supporting Member
6 chillers...wouldn't it be cheaper in the long run (and easier to a maintain) to install an A/C unit?

Edit: I forgot to add a "You're nuts!" comment.
It is... and that's the plan... and yet another regret of not having foresight.

Now stuck with only 110V split unit options. My electrician spec'd 220V originally but didn't want to have a fuse box installed on my unit unnecessarily, so changed it to 110V... :/

And considering i run some big arse security appliances worthy of and datacenter in there sometimes, would've made even more sense... oh well

ofzakaria

Supporting Member
Got my ATI kit. Marine depot shipping speed is awesome.
Wow these things are concentrated..dose will be very small and these bottles will last long for sure..
Got the nutrients also just incase. Also got their test kit to try it and see how ot stacks up against triton. I remember in the past it was not good. But will give it another try snd see..

Attachments