Our mission

Phone addiction...

Srt4eric

Vice President
BOD
My phone wanted a closer look at some of my corals and fell into my frag tank Saturday night. It died the next day. This was my only phone and also my work phone. I luckily haven't had a phone bill in 4 years. That being said my work is taking their time getting me a replacement phone. I do have a temp phone in the mean time but I was asked not to download or install anything on it. It's crazy how many times a day I reach for my phone to open some stupid app only to realize I don't have it. I'm locked out of my bank and other financial things because they want to send verification texts to my phone number. I can't look at my apex app to see that my tank is still how I left it 3 hours ago. First world problems. Life could be way worse.

End of rant.

I have my old galaxy 6 that you can borrow for the time being. Download whatever you want onto it :)
I appreciate it but the phone does me no good with out my sim. I'm currently typing this on a galaxy s10. Last time I broke my phone and swapped sim cards I got a stern talking to. They can't install spy ware on a phone they don't own. They obviously don't look at the spy ware or we would have a lot less employees...

While we are talking about phones and salt water, last weekend we went to the beach, and my gf was trying to get my golden retriever more used to the water by playing near the waves. Well, my gf forgot rule #1; never turn your back to the ocean. A big wave came and knocker her waist high, and soaked her and the dog. She was able to stay standing up mostly, but her phone got wet. We turned it off asap, poured some fresh water on it, then when we got home, used the DI water to get any last salt out. (Yay for having RODI all the time!!!) Next day there were some minor backlight issues, but the day after it worked again.

Morals of the story.
1. Never turn your back on the ocean
2. Date a reefer

While we are talking about phones and salt water, last weekend we went to the beach, and my gf was trying to get my golden retriever more used to the water by playing near the waves. Well, my gf forgot rule #1; never turn your back to the ocean. A big wave came and knocker her waist high, and soaked her and the dog. She was able to stay standing up mostly, but her phone got wet. We turned it off asap, poured some fresh water on it, then when we got home, used the DI water to get any last salt out. (Yay for having RODI all the time!!!) Next day there were some minor backlight issues, but the day after it worked again.

Morals of the story.
2. Date a reefer

lol yup, DI has saved so many things for me. As far as reef keeping goes, RODI is probably the biggest crossover in terms of use to me in everyday life. Wait, no, super glue wins that award!

The galaxy s10 is actually supposed to be water proof (resistant) and I've submerged my phone to get better pics before. I think the main issue was that I cracked my screen pretty bad two days prior and that allowed the water in.

Morals of the story.
2. Date a reefer
Ok fine the phone and your gf are ok, but what about the dog? If he was already scared of the waves then one comes along and knocks him AND his human over, forget about it.

Ok fine the phone and your gf are ok, but what about the dog? If he was already scared of the waves then one comes along and knocks him AND his human over, forget about it.
Our eight month old great dane puppy saw the ocean for the first time last month. He was interested in the waves, and kinda wanted to play with them, but didn't want them to touch him.

He violated rule #1 of 'not turning back on ocean', and a wave splashed over his paws. I swear I heard Curly from the 3 Stooges' "WHOOP WOOP WOOP WOOP WOOP!" as he sprinted up the shore and refused to go near the water the rest of our time there.

I appreciate it but the phone does me no good with out my sim. I'm currently typing this on a galaxy s10. Last time I broke my phone and swapped sim cards I got a stern talking to. They can't install spy ware on a phone they don't own. They obviously don't look at the spy ware or we would have a lot less employees...
Well a new sim card would work you just wouldn't be able to access your company data like email etc. If you don't need to access any company data during the time your new phone arrives they shouldn't have any concerns or input on your personal phone.

The galaxy s10 is actually supposed to be water proof (resistant) and I've submerged my phone to get better pics before. I think the main issue was that I cracked my screen pretty bad two days prior and that allowed the water in.
Nothing is salt water proof, except some plastics, and maybe glass. Ask anyone who owns a boat, haha.

Luna is totally fine, she's a golden retriever so she does great with water. She's just a derp and a spaz at 2 1/2 years old. Later in the day we were running on the sand in and out from the waves having a great time. Axel is much smarter and doesn't go near the waves, he's 8.

Reactions: JVU
Dunked my iphone Xs Max in the ocean to grab some shots over the weekend.

IMG_6196.jpg

Also put it in the office tank for some pictures to use in the livestream.

Didn't have any issues there.

Sorry to hear about your phone.

I use Straight Talk and get replacement phones all the time for free. If one of my phones are damaged, I just swap the SIM over or activate the new phone and good ta go. Pretty sure your work would not use the straight talk service but it is affordable and easy to use/cost less($45 per month) then most providers.

My phone wanted a closer look at some of my corals and fell into my frag tank Saturday night. It died the next day. This was my only phone and also my work phone. I luckily haven't had a phone bill in 4 years. That being said my work is taking their time getting me a replacement phone. I do have a temp phone in the mean time but I was asked not to download or install anything on it. It's crazy how many times a day I reach for my phone to open some stupid app only to realize I don't have it. I'm locked out of my bank and other financial things because they want to send verification texts to my phone number. I can't look at my apex app to see that my tank is still how I left it 3 hours ago. First world problems. Life could be way worse.

End of rant.
Instead of verifying to your phone isn't there an option to send through email for financial stuff?

Back