High Tide Aquatics

PSA: Hanna Checker for Nitrates coming

I need more info. If it’s even reasonably quick/easy they’ll have my business. They specifically say low range so I’m assuming that it will be a useful range.

Now they just need to repackage the reagents for the phosphate checker in little straw shaped containers so they go into the cuvette easily

I need more info. If it’s even reasonably quick/easy they’ll have my business. They specifically say low range so I’m assuming that it will be a useful range.
I'm assuming they're using the method (or something similar) that people figured out using Red Sea's nitrate reagents and Hanna's ULR Phosphate Checker. Using that method, the ULR Phosphate checker won't read correctly if your nitrates are over 10. Guessing that will be the range with the new Hanna Nitrate checker.

I'm assuming they're using the method (or something similar) that people figured out using Red Sea's nitrate reagents and Hanna's ULR Phosphate Checker. Using that method, the ULR Phosphate checker won't read correctly if your nitrates are over 10. Guessing that will be the range with the new Hanna Nitrate checker.
That was my first assumption too, but in my opinion the Red Sea kit is an annoyingly lengthy process with the reagents, followed by a relatively easy color read. That’s why I said if it’s quick/easy (ie better than Red Sea) I’d be interested.

Giving everyone a heads up that, on the BAR Facebook group, someone posted a screenshot from a chat with Hanna indicating they haven't officially released the range for this meter yet (in case you were obsessively searching, like me...).

Now they just need to repackage the reagents for the phosphate checker in little straw shaped containers so they go into the cuvette easily

Just started using this checker last week, and can't agree more.

Back