Neptune Aquatics

Purple stylophora

Stylo is/was struggling; after loosing most of the flesh, has started to show polyp extension; crossing fingers for this one...

0e61ef08e814c533f2d0648ccbd3ba57.jpg

Looks like its my favorite coral so far

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yup, that was one of my prizes in my old tank, the fat nubby kind too, wife even liked it! Unfortunately over the years of trying to replace it could only find the long branching kind. Makes me wonder if it's a completely different species.

Yup, that was one of my prizes in my old tank, the fat nubby kind too, wife even liked it! Unfortunately over the years of trying to replace it could only find the long branching kind. Makes me wonder if it's a completely different species.
Mine is bunchy in my tank, like a pile of gumdrops

That's the one(s) I see to remember having (had a green/pink one, purple/blue one, Chris was supposed to give me a piece of the Rainbow but closed down before it grew out to a reasonable size).

Many of the ones I've seen over the years at swaps though have been really long thin(ish) branches, almost like a digitata (except 'hairier"), think Sergio used to drop off pieces all the time.

Yeah I dunno, not too much variety on stylos it seems when compared to acroporas, stylos are one of the last sane spots left in reefing where the name of it is a description of it's color.

Back