Kessil

Purple tang

Does anyone know an individual or an LFS in the Bay Area that will rehome a 3.5-4” purple tang with an eye blemish? I love him but he’s wreaking havoc in my 125. Had to put him in “timeout” (40 gallon breeder) until I can find him a good home. This is ocho schmo a year ago. He’s bigger now.

Attachments

• AA255128-9B6D-42F8-9E15-80269CD93DF1.jpeg
    AA255128-9B6D-42F8-9E15-80269CD93DF1.jpeg
    107.5 KB · Views: 284
  • A112CB89-E177-467C-9C71-80D61DF5D8DF.jpeg
    A112CB89-E177-467C-9C71-80D61DF5D8DF.jpeg
    82.9 KB · Views: 261
By eye blemish you mean the head erosion?
What troubles is it causing you in your tank?
I can probably rehome it for you, where do you live?

Looks like HLLE. Usually caused if you are running a lot of carbon. Feed it daily with lots of seaweed soaked in selcon and garlic extract to help nurse it back to health.

Looks like HLLE. Usually caused if you are running a lot of carbon. Feed it daily with lots of seaweed soaked in selcon and garlic extract to help nurse it back to health.
I thought lack of nutrition/stress was more a cause. I’ve heard the carbon theory, any evidence for it? I’ve never seen a study or anything.
Not saying it doesn’t play a role, I’m just trying to learn

I thought lack of nutrition/stress was more a cause. I’ve heard the carbon theory, any evidence for it? I’ve never seen a study or anything.
Not saying it doesn’t play a role, I’m just trying to learn
Lack of nutrition/stress is also a big factor. That's why most incoming purple tangs at wholesalers have HLLE.

Lack of nutrition/stress is also a big factor. That's why most incoming purple tangs at wholesalers have HLLE.

Don't forget copper and stray volts... they can contribute to hlle

By eye blemish you mean the head erosion?
What troubles is it causing you in your tank?
I can probably rehome it for you, where do you live?
He’s had it since I bought him. I’ve run no carbon in his tank and given him ALL kinds of different grub-flake, pellet, seaweed extreme, nori, mysis, amino & selcon soaked and it’s never changed. He was beating up everybody in the tank. I live in El Granada

Does anyone know an individual or an LFS in the Bay Area that will rehome a 3.5-4” purple tang with an eye blemish? I love him but he’s wreaking havoc in my 125. Had to put him in “timeout” (40 gallon breeder) until I can find him a good home. This is ocho schmo a year ago. He’s bigger now.
Update: tang has been rehomed. Thanks everyone for your input

Back