Reef nutrition

QUICK bbq rubs/sauces/recipes?

So apparently we're having a little bbq here at my place tonight. GF just told me about it, and brought home some meat, so it's happening. Have about 2 lbs of beef ribs, 2.5lbs pork ribs and about 1.5lb of some beef chuck. Seeing as it's already 1pm, anyone have anything that doesn't take overnight/all day to do? All I've got onhand is a propane bbq and some oak wood chips. Let's hear what you've got guys.

Ground Turmeric, Garlic Powder, Black Pepper, Lowry's Seasoning Salt, Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ Sauce, Franks Red Hot Sauce... (Sometimes I substitute the Franks for the pickling juice in Mezzetta Pepperoncini jars)

Take a 1gal Ziploc bag... add in the dry spices, mix them, then throw in the red hot sauce, then throw in the bbq sauce... mix it all in good... drop the ribs in for about 20min in the fridge...

When you are grilling baste the ribs with the sauce...

Rub I like to use is basic...
(The following are all powders)
Turmeric, garlic, onion, lemon pepper, black pepper, sea salt... Mix it up nice and rub it into the meat... sprinkle a little on while its grilling...

Just a couple idea's...

I never used exact measurements... i season to smell, and taste with my sauces and rubs...

Good quick sauce
Quick sauce:
1 cup Ketchup
1/4 cup Soy sauce
1/4 red wine vinegar (any vinegar or lemon juice will work)
1 tsp garlic salt
if you like a sweet sauce add 1/4 cup brown sugar. a dash of liquid smoke is good too!

Quick rub:
garlic salt, lemon or black pepper, red pepper flakes, paprika, and a bit of sugar

I usually rub the meat with lemon juice before putting on the rub (about thirty minutes before cooking), then cook with mop sauce and finish with BBQ sauce about 5 minutes before the meat is finished.

Quick mop sauce:
Equal parts beer and vinegar with red pepper flakes and 2 tbsp melted butter

After many years of time spent on the BBQ, I have found that
the best way to make everyone really like the meat is to
spend time and money on good margaritas.
:)

Not really joking. The bottled sauces are surprisingly good these days, so it is
a real debate as to how to spend your preparation/party time.

Awesome, thanks everyone. Had a blast tonight and only had meat on the grill for about 2-2.5 hrs. Jester, that sauce is pretty awesome. Still reeling from a few beers, good times.

Back