License to krill

recommendation calcium reactor setup

Coral reefer

BOD
Staff member
Wise person hiding habits from significant other. They don’t need to know. If tank looks good and you’re spending less time on it (and they don’t see the credit card bill) they will Be happy.

jhuynh

Supporting Member
Wise person hiding habits from significant other. They don’t need to know. If tank looks good and you’re spending less time on it (and they don’t see the credit card bill) they will Be happy.
I've always hated the saying, "happy life happy wife"

when the wife ask how much was that coral, I reply - way cheaper than that Prada purse I bought u. that's still in the box in the closet and used once during a wedding.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

ofzakaria

Supporting Member
I've always hated the saying, "happy life happy wife"

when the wife ask how much was that coral, I reply - way cheaper than that Prada purse I bought u. that's still in the box in the closet and used once during a wedding.

At least we use snr enjoy our tanks do not we lol

A Aaron

Supporting Member
Yeah the media and co2 is cheap and lasts a long time. I had a already used 5lb Co2 Bottle from a kegerator and it still lasted like 9 months. Now I’m used a 20lb and I bet I’ll get a couple years. Same with media I bought a bulk box and it lasts a long time.

Rostato

Supporting Member
Yeah chec my reefer 450 build thread. I kind of talk about some things to consider. Make sure you read the whole manual before you do anything. Trust me.

Rostato

Supporting Member
I use the dastaco media. I bought the package and it's enough to fill the c2 2-3 times. I think it'll last me forever.

jhuynh

Supporting Member
sadly that's out of stock currently. was thinking of running it also

Vincerama2

Supporting Member
650-IS350 was selling an unused reactor for a pretty good price. I think it was a Korralin C1502 or something. Not sure, maybe contact him?
He's out of the reef hobby, but I know he's been trying to offload this reactor.

V

jhuynh

Supporting Member
650-IS350 was selling an unused reactor for a pretty good price. I think it was a Korralin C1502 or something. Not sure, maybe contact him?
He's out of the reef hobby, but I know he's been trying to offload this reactor.

V
yea I saw his post. honestly I didnt want a koralin. was heading towards a geo instead. I contacted uc to see when they will have the media in stock so I can purchase the media and c2 at the same time. thanks for your suggestion.

ofzakaria

Supporting Member
Yeah chec my reefer 450 build thread. I kind of talk about some things to consider. Make sure you read the whole manual before you do anything. Trust me.
+1 to reading the manual before u start.
I tell this to everyone snd almost most ppl jump in to it before doing so ha ha

iani

With dastaco there is no dependencies on things like ph prob, peristalit choice or solniod choice.
The reactor is one single solution that is automated to produce certain all dosing per the alk setting you choose on the controller.
The controller control both solniod and the peristaltic to dose alk based on the user specified setting.
The controller also will give you alarm when the solniod or the peri pump are not working or if the co2 is empty..

- Its easy to setup and dial in almost immediately.
- All parts included as part of the solution, so any debugging or faul the same vendor(ams/unique coral) take care of it
-Stability of dosing is pretty good
- quality of each part is very good and been in the karket long enough to be judged consistent..

Hope that helped
That does sound good. I've been planning on using a schuran reactor with a masterflex pump from when I last had a large tank set up. But I may look into the dastaco when I get a tank going at the office.

jhuynh

Supporting Member
I use their pur media. Great media and last forever..
customer service says at least 3 weeks back order for the pur media. can buy reactor now and wait for the media. or just wait in general for both to be in stock.

Rostato

Supporting Member
If you need you can take some of my extra media until yours gets in as long as you replace it when it does.

ofzakaria

Supporting Member
customer service says at least 3 weeks back order for the pur media. can buy reactor now and wait for the media. or just wait in general for both to be in stock.

Either should be ok. I just worried by time.media comes reactor get in back order. The C2 is getting popular cause it supports smaller tanks which dastaco did not do for a long time. If you set on it i would secure the reactor