Cali Kid Corals

[Redwood Shores ] Newbie !

Hello,
After having fresh water tanks for +15 years, up to 1000, I decided to move to salt water. Well my wife and I are now full remote, so more time at home and more time to enjoy and take care of it.
Also my daughter is 2.5 years old and start to be very interested by it so we pulled the trigger.
We went with a Red Sea Reefer 350.
Tank is now cycled and we are excited to slowly introduce new occupants :).
We are currently reading a lot about best ones to start with but looking forwards to recommendations, purchase etc.
We are located in Redwood Shores, my wife is born and raise here, but I am French and moved here 5 years ago !
Excited and looking forward to get to know you !
Damien

Attachments

• IMG_8878.jpg
    IMG_8878.jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 197
  • IMG_8887.jpg
    IMG_8887.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 195
  • CC1BB163-C1F4-4658-8F2E-F60FBC9C3E2C.JPG
    CC1BB163-C1F4-4658-8F2E-F60FBC9C3E2C.JPG
    37.3 KB · Views: 205
Welcome!
I've got the same tank, as do several others on this forum, any ideas what you're looking for in the tank? Coral? Fish?
as I am new, I want to start simple. and increase complexity when my skills and knowledge increase too :). We are also looking at having a professional come once a month to check on the tank during the first year, making sure we are set for success, we do everything correctly, watching over our shoulder.
I am totally open to suggestion, recommendation, that's actually why I joined.
In terms of fish I am considering Clownfish, Yellow Tang, and then I don't really know yet, it will depends of my research or what people recommend, sell, donate. I am dreaming of a Blue tang, but I read that's not very for beginner so I will wait :)

In terms of corals well I don't know the name yet . same, doing my homework, taking notes etc.
I just purchased from Ryan C. 1x Spiderman Zoa and 1 Deadpool Koa
When we did the landscape we had these 2 tanks on mind ( attached ) as a general direction / goal.

Attachments

• IMG_8864.PNG
    IMG_8864.PNG
    875.1 KB · Views: 196
  • IMG_8862.JPG
    IMG_8862.JPG
    185.6 KB · Views: 190
Welcome. I’d say tank isn’t a little small for a blue tang. Not that you can’t do it, but I would say don’t. Yellow should be ok In My opinion.

Back