Our mission

Reef Nutrition Apex Pods

musclebenz

Supporting Member
I picked up a bottle of Apex Pods during September's CFM. How long is the shelf life? There is a label stating it was bottle on 9/23/2022 are they still good?

I think you can see them swimming around in the bottle if they are alive. I would imagine you are supposed to put them in your tank right away since they are living animals, but I don’t know how long they last in the bottle. If you don’t see anything swimming around even with a magnifying glass that would be a bad sign, and if it smells foul that would too. Otherwise I’d just put them in.

I think you can see them swimming around in the bottle if they are alive. I would imagine you are supposed to put them in your tank right away since they are living animals, but I don’t know how long they last in the bottle. If you don’t see anything swimming around even with a magnifying glass that would be a bad sign, and if it smells foul that would too. Otherwise I’d just put them in.
I will take a closer look and determine if they are swimming around.

I have seen them for sale in shops dead or mostly so. They should be swimming around wildly. If lid was kept on or they were in the fridge, they are likely dead. They are very hardy though, so I would dump them into a bowl of SW at room temp and see what happens. If you have a sieve, maybe get them out of the nasty bottle water

I have seen them for sale in shops dead or mostly so. They should be swimming around wildly. If lid was kept on or they were in the fridge, they are likely dead. They are very hardy though, so I would dump them into a bowl of SW at room temp and see what happens. If you have a sieve, maybe get them out of the nasty bottle water

are you talking about Tigger-Pods, or Apex-Pods? Apex you can hardly see, Tiggers you can see easily.

are you talking about Tigger-Pods, or Apex-Pods? Apex you can hardly see, Tiggers you can see easily.
Apex Pods. I contact Reef Nutrition and they inform me they only last two to four weeks. Hold the bottle up to a light and see if anything is swimming around. All of mine were not so I tossed the bottle.

Apex Pods. I contact Reef Nutrition and they inform me they only last two to four weeks. Hold the bottle up to a light and see if anything is swimming around. All of mine were not so I tossed the bottle.

Sorry if that was confusing, I knew you what you were talking about. I was asking MolaMola which she was talking about.

I worked at RN for a decade, almost all their products were launched under my watch :) Funny enough, Apex is one of few products they launched after I left.

Back