Neptune Aquatics

reef tank update

I joined as an actual contributing member today. So I figured I would update my last post from a long time ago. My tank has been running for quite sometime now. It was custom made by crystal dynamics for me. 12mm glass 32”x18”x16”
Equipment:
2 original AI primes
Bubble magnus curve 5 skimmer
Skimz sump
Ai nano as a fuge/ frag light in sump
Aqua medic dc pump, aquamedic doser for two part and arcopower
MP40 for water movement .

The only mishap was about two months ago. I arrived home from a trip and on arrival I hear my low water alarm going off and noticed about 3 gallons of water on the floor. My back corner silicone sprung a smal leak and was spraying water on the floor ... I was able to temporarily patch it and then emptied the whole tank a week later into another . Re siliconed the seams and then added all things back in . Only a few corals lost. So besides being an almost catastrophic event if I had not gotten home when I did , it worked out in the end.
Live stock:
Six line wrasse
2 captive bred pink skunk clowns
captive bred watchman goby, with pistol shrimp
Royal gramma
Green mandrin
Tail spot Blenny

corals: tons of monti's, purple stylo , five chalices and lots of others packed in the tank.

Happy reefing

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    172.7 KB · Views: 167
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    187.4 KB · Views: 161
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 175
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    165.3 KB · Views: 180
Thanks,
Yea I used my existing AI ext mount and this was the only way I could come up with to mount the lights at the time ... if I could get them another 6” apart the spread would be much better

Back