Neptune Aquatics

Reef89’s Over exaggerated fusion 20

Hi guys. It’s been a very long time and I am finally happy to say I’m back. It’s been about 10 years now. Anyways I’m starting back up and decided to start with a nuvo 10 which my brother gave me @alvarengadaniel8. So of course I have a nuvo 10 with an a80 Kissel light fixture. I have live sand and live rock. I’m deciding if I should upgrade to a different light fixture later on since I want to get a bunch of different corals, what you guys think? Currently running the stock nuvo Media basket, Just waiting on my intank media and refugium baskets to arrive on Thursday. I have the led grow lights for my cheto. Currently my tank is residing in the garage, while looking for a stand, once I find one I’ll be moving it either to my bedroom or keeping it in the living room, but might need a chiller since it gets really hot in my house. I was looking at the CSXC-1 AQUARIUM since it’s small and I can hide it more, if you guys have any suggestions about a chiller I’d love to hear it. I tested my water yesterday night and so far everything is going accordingly. I am also looking for a RO/DI system so I can make and mix my own saltwater. I know it’s not much but I am super stoked And can’t wait to start my own legit reef tank! Already want to go buy a bigger tank lol. I couldn’t afford the equipment back then to have the corals I wanted and now I can;). Here are my pics of the tank, let me know what you guys think, or have any tips on what I need. Will update you guys on every step of the way.Like I said earlier I am happy to be back on here. Thank you for checking it out.

Attachments

• 88E2D8B1-F2D1-4A73-A9C1-1B96CB9601A7.jpeg
    88E2D8B1-F2D1-4A73-A9C1-1B96CB9601A7.jpeg
    74.4 KB · Views: 239
  • 6917C50D-F6E8-4775-8938-6DE771F34EE2.jpeg
    6917C50D-F6E8-4775-8938-6DE771F34EE2.jpeg
    84.9 KB · Views: 239
  • CD9C6892-A393-47D9-9A7C-788D637B3D9F.jpeg
    CD9C6892-A393-47D9-9A7C-788D637B3D9F.jpeg
    83.8 KB · Views: 231
Last edited:
Tank update so my permitters are good!!! Just received my intank upgrades and fuge basket. I got cheto but ups kept playing for three days saying it was out for delivery so my cheto died out. And now nobody has it lol. Anyways I also added intank filter floss, chempure blue Nano packets and purigen. Any suggestions on what else to add to my media basket? Also got fuge basket and fuge light from intank. So whenever i find some cheto I will have that up and running. I finally got my ato tunze osmulator Nano, I am having a problem trying to get just right to where my salinity doesn’t drop. It’s dropped a little bit. I am probably going to get an apex in the coming weeks.

I wouldn’t be adding things “just because”. If you don’t know why you’re using something you might not want to be using it...
I think purigen is supposed to Be a phosphate and maybe silicate remover, can’t remember, I’ve never used it. If you’re tank is new you likely don’t have much phosphate in there and don’t need it.
Got it thanks, it’s just been a very long time and I’m researching all over again Lol

I looked online and I was wrong about the phosphate. It’s basicallt similar to carbon, not a phosphate remover. Should be ok to use for a new tank, but research first before using stuff I’d say

Last edited:
another update on my tank. Just upgraded my light from an a80 to a 360x thanks to @ashburn2k. What a difference, super exited what this light will allow me to do with corals now that I couldn’t do back then. I got my fuge light mounted on the back that I found on amazon and it looks really promising. Ay shout out again to @ashburn2k for giving me some lively looking cheto. Slowly but surely it’s starting to come together really nice, just need to get a few more things and I’ll be set. Will be doing my weekly water change tomorrow. Excuse the clutter in the background for the mean time, I settled with a cubey stand. Just waiting for it to arrive and it will be set up most likely in my living room, I just hope I can fit all the electrical components inside specially when I get the apex.:) Is there anybody using a fancy reservoir for their ato.?
C76AD4B2-B110-4179-8019-0AE798B23993.jpeg
04FB54D7-652E-4ABE-9B1F-5C59E4EF6C97.jpeg
8332DD3F-0587-49B5-9FDF-6F0B66A948F0.jpeg
41879D53-ADBB-499C-9C19-C89277A2B989.jpeg

Last edited:
Be careful with that COB grow light they are not wired well and can be dangerous especially with the chance of splashing.

This thread from growers on reddit covers the issues with them:
Damn thanks for the warning. Honestly only reason why I got is because I was looking on amazon and saw it there, just seeing all those leds is kind of sketch, then I went to in intank to order something and saw the same light for sale double the price so I figured it was okay.
6D87467F-97C7-4D12-9DCB-6E06B58719AE.png

I ended up messaging that OP from reddit and they recommend just having it plugged into a gfci outlet, I told them that wasn’t an option and they recommended this adapter:
Tower Manufacturing 30439005 Auto-Reset 15 AMP Grounded 3-Prong GFCI Single Outlet Adapter, Yellow https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00UOU6OVU/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apip_vbhlZD6rhy19A

I really am out of my wheelhouse with this stuff and just followed their advice, others on here may have some more knowledge they can share to shed light on this subject.

I ended up messaging that OP from reddit and they recommend just having it plugged into a gfci outlet, I told them that wasn’t an option and they recommended this adapter:
Tower Manufacturing 30439005 Auto-Reset 15 AMP Grounded 3-Prong GFCI Single Outlet Adapter, Yellow https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00UOU6OVU/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apip_vbhlZD6rhy19A

I really am out of my wheelhouse with this stuff and just followed their advice, others on here may have some more knowledge they can share to shed light on this subject.
Mannnnn thanks for going out your way, i went ahead and purchased that outlet adapter because you can never be too safe.

Back