Cali Kid Corals

RODI plumbing

svreef

Webmaster
BOD
Is there something wrong with using soft tubing to plumb the ATO? I bought some and it says “do not use for ice makers” which made me curious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Everyone uses flexible tubing for ATO’s. If you show us what tubing you are talking about you’d get a more specific response.

I’m referring to clear tubing that looks like airline tubing as opposed to the firm, opaque tubing used in RO installations.

That’s the clear vinyl tubing. It technically has no rating in terms of usage with a max psi of 55.

I’m pretty sure they explicitly printed to not used for ice maker as people have these lines blow out on them. You definitely should not use for RODI because of it. Also RODI recommended PSI is greater than what this tube can handle.

I bought the same tube and used it for ATO and dosing.

Last edited:
Is there something wrong with using soft tubing to plumb the ATO? I bought some and it says “do not use for ice makers” which made me curious.

If you are running the product (RODI) out of the last stage to an ATO, that might be fine BUT not in between the pressure stages of the filtration unit.
You might need an adapter to connect the soft vinyl to the rigid RO line.

Yes, I’m using it after the DI unit. Plumbed to a solenoid that will refill the ATO container every few days and a tee with a valve so I can fill buckets for the other tank. Also used it from the ATO pump to the sump. It’s the same diameter as the normal RO tubing so it fits perfectly into the push fittings.

703a6250c47a25f2053fb8fe94abefe1.jpg

That looks like it will be pressurized.

Get the polyethylene tubing from any hardware store. It can be pressurized.

Last edited:
The tubing is not designed to used in push-connect fittings, it most likely will leak.
You can, however, use a small section of RO tubing, heat the clear line and slide it over the stiff tubbing; as an added measure, use a zip-tie to secure the clear tubing on the rigid line.

Agree with above - do not use it there.
It will likely leak around the push fit.

For anything under pressure, definitely use real tubing.
To save cost on non-pressurized, standard black 1/4 drip irrigation tubing generally works.

Ok, thanks. I was using it to simplify things - less elbows. But, noted, will adjust. I imagine it is fine to go between the ATO pump and sump

This tube also leaked on the bending area for me too, so def won’t recommend anyone using it. My dumb mistake so you won’t have to go through it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back