Kessil

RODI Pressure gauge

musclebenz

Supporting Member
Good Morning: I have the following question. I have the BRS six stage RODI unit and noticed my water pressure was only 20 PSI. When looking at the pic I took I see water in the gauge. Is there suppose to be water in the actual display unit? I would assume not, but wanted to check with the group.

PSI.jpg

The liquid in the gauge makes them more accurate.
The glycerin helps to reduce vibrations which extends the life of the gauge. When I asked BRS about their gauges, they only warranty them for 1 year, so having a cheap backup is good to have around the house. I got my backups from McMaster, but I think Home Depot sells them.

Yes, I just saw that it was low after hearing what the pressure should be. All filters have been changed. I am going figure a way to test the pressure before it reaches the unit, to determine if I have low pressure at home, which I don't I think I do. I am planning on installing the Smart Buddie after I get back from vacation but will test the water pressure first.

Home Depot sells a water pressure test gauge that screws into a hose bib, (if you have a hose bib) . That will tell you what you are getting into the house. I think mine cost less than $10; you're free to borrow if its worth the trip to Daly City.
I was getting 50 psi at the backyard mixing station 15 years ago, recently it's down to 40. I am assuming you are hard plumbed into the supply. If you are using a faucet adapter, you probably have one of them new - fangled flow restricted faucets in the way.

Home Depot sells a water pressure test gauge that screws into a hose bib, (if you have a hose bib) . That will tell you what you are getting into the house. I think mine cost less than $10; you're free to borrow if its worth the trip to Daly City.
I was getting 50 psi at the backyard mixing station 15 years ago, recently it's down to 40. I am assuming you are hard plumbed into the supply. If you are using a faucet adapter, you probably have one of them new - fangled flow restricted faucets in the way.
Thanks Bob that is so kind. I actually just ordered one from Amazon yesterday. I have it hooked up to my outside faucet.. I wasn't aware they had flow restriction devices on these units but I will check.

That’s more “ok” territory for rodi pressure. 80 ideal. Might look into a booster pump if you want to run it that high.

Last edited:
Dunno if you know or not so I’ll just say. There should be a pressure regulator where the water comes into the house next to the house shut off. It should look like a bell with a nut and bolt on the top. You can loosen the nut and tighten or loosen the bolt to raise and lower the water pressure.

Dunno if you know or not so I’ll just say. There should be a pressure regulator where the water comes into the house next to the house shut off. It should look like a bell with a nut and bolt on the top. You can loosen the nut and tighten or loosen the bolt to raise and lower the water pressure.
Lots of houses don't have regulators.

I don’t think I have one

Since you have enviable pressure coming into the house, I'll revisit the faucet issue. If your house was built after 1995, or if the faucet was replaced after that date, you have a flow restrictor built into the fixture. The stated mandated max GPM keeps decreasing; California has the slowest permissible trickle in the country. So, if you are using the faucet adapter, you have two choices - remove the flow restrictor and risk the water police making a midnight drop from their black helicopters, or tap into the under sink supply line.

Back