Kessil

Rostatos Reefer 450 and Reefer 170

I only have the older testing version. Mine is not able to dose like the new ones. But I wouldn’t want to use it anyway because it would only add alk and not calcium. I wouldn’t want it messing with my balance. I just make sure to watch the dkh every day and adjust when necessary. But I haven’t had to touch it in two weeks.

In the past I had my khg control my alk/ca doser on off..this way I turn off the doser and stop both alk/ca dosing or turning it on on both the same time.
Now khg simply control my CArx based of the kh values

Usually two part is added several minutes apart is what I mean. Maybe I’m misunderstanding what you meant.
Oh got it.no that was not what I meant. When I dose 2 parts I have 10min difference in the doser programming.
What I meant was: I program the doser to dose the needed amount of part a and part b for a day, and spread it over 24h...which is the typical dosing practice when using 2 parts.
Then I used to have my khg control the on/off of the doser, so when alk goes above a threshold the khg turn off the doser which seize both parts dosing. Then when khg showing alk went below my threshold it turn back on the doser...
This is possible because khg can be connected to any controller and you can log the alk reading through your controller, GHL, reefkeeper or apex..
Hope that clarifies it.

Last edited:
Today’s very dirty FTS
63805CF1-D58B-4C0F-BD8D-72DA0DA2D3A0.jpeg

Nope, just dirty glass.

Lots more growth. Up to 90ml’s of each part.

my cutoff is 150mls. Once I hit that it’s time for a calcium reactor. I’m not looking forward to it

Is that brown slime on the rock?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Now that I think if what you were asking. Yes. On the right side of the tank is all new, and un-cycled rock that I added after a month or so. I will wait until 4-5 months to add more to the tank. These are just to give more coral structure.

My old tank had plenty of rocks, but I needed more for this tank. Those rocks on the right side do have a bit on the initial brown ugliness that happens with new rocks. They will clean up in a month or two naturally.

Notice the difference in rock color from the right side of the over flow compared to the left side of the tank...

Back