Cali Kid Corals

Rostatos Reefer 450 and Reefer 170

I do have a lot of fish. I’m at like 12 fish and I feed a ton of food. My po4 was just high because of not changing gfo
Ah ok, I only saw two small ones in your tank pic so I was curious. Interestingly I have issues keeping mine detectable without GFO and with several fish, including a couple large ones.

leaching (iron, al, silica and other impurities) Low efficiency and capacity. Leaching back po4 when reach capacity....

Randy Holmes-Farley:
Not true. I've demonstrated in my own experiments that Rowaphos can release phosphate back to the water, and that is going to be true of every brand. There is nothing a company can do to prevent that.

And BRS HC GFO is likely on par with RowaPhos holding capacity.

Randy Holmes-Farley:
Not true. I've demonstrated in my own experiments that Rowaphos can release phosphate back to the water, and that is going to be true of every brand. There is nothing a company can do to prevent that.

I’ve still had less issues with rowaphos compared to gfo so far

Randy Holmes-Farley:

I do not believe everything randy Holmes say and I think he is outdated yet still index on while back opinions that he had and never changed.
I have done many icp's and did see leaching off BRS gfo but none from rowphse. Also have seen how with BRS gfo if I do not remove it my po4 increase become faster, maybe its leaching po4 back. Maybe not.
With rowphse, you can keep the media much longer and still see po4 reduction, slowes down when it reach capacity, but still continuous reduction.

Last edited:
I do not 100% trust openions of R2R moderators and celebrities when the openion is about one of their strong sponsors like BRS and Neptune as example.
Openions by these moderators are tilted, adjusted and sometimes misleading for the advantage of the sponsor. Randy is no exception sadly over the last 3 years..
That's my personal opinion..

Last edited:
Got the c2. By far the most money I’ve spent on a piece of equipment for my tank. I feel sick
Its ok, you will recover. What in this hobby that is not expensive...
Hope you enjoy it.
Let me know if you will need to borrow my canister. Do not buy a funky one like modified fire extinguisher amd such. Just invest in 5lbs or 10lb.
I like the 5lbs cause they are smaller, I need to change it every 6 months but am ok with that, have 3 to rotate. The 10lb will last me a year but it's big I did not like its size.

Back