High Tide Aquatics

Rostatos Reefer 450 and Reefer 170

Got the plumbing all done. Just waiting for some glue to dry.

2 150w heaters are in and my MP40’s are installed to move the water around.

I’m hoping that it should be full tonight and do the livestock and equipment swap tomorrow

I’m stoked. Just not sure how long I will have to wait for my seal kit to come in. I learned my lesson with the 250. Replace the plumbing seals after removing them.

If you can retrofit it to take US plumbing pieces, that might save you a headache or two in the future

No leaks from the overflow last night. Starting to make RO water. Going to have to get to HD so I can hook up my return pump

you should switch out the diaphragm valve with a gate valve since you’re setting up everything and it’s dry. Diaphragm valve eventually gets fickle and requires adjusting all the time. I was fine for a couple years then it started acting up. You can get the return part (Red Sea part #42221) remove the threaded barb and glue with pvc primer and cement to a 32mm to 1” transition union.

6D1925E5-8F79-4CD3-916F-351B0E4A228C.jpeg

89BBB8B4-4C89-4818-99AB-CCD958F19EB9.jpeg

28979AC1-83D3-4F3A-BAA6-94F12A17298E.jpeg

Last edited:
you should switch out the diaphragm valve with a gate valve since you’re setting up everything and it’s dry. Diaphragm valve eventually gets fickle and requires adjusting all the time. I was fine for a couple years then it started acting up. You can get the return part (Red Sea part #42221) remove the threaded barb and glue with pvc primer and cement to a 32mm to 1” translation union.

The tank already came with that mod. It has a great plumbing set up. I’ll post a picture in a few when it’s all done.

Back