Our mission

Rostatos Reefer 450 and Reefer 170

I also tried the method where it drop in a cup, and overflow from the cup to the sump. The cup have a air stone. It helped alot but my setup was bit messy so I bailed on it..

Yeah I may try that too.

Air stone = salt spray.

get a 2” pipe that stands about 3-5 inches above the water line, super glue egg crate inside pipe just below the water line and then fill with rock rubble or carx Reactor media (or if you don’t want the media to dissolve, get some ceramic media like small siporax). Drip your effluent into that. You’ll probably want to drill holes in pipe below the egg crate so water flows in it.

Air stone = salt spray.

get a 2” pipe that stands about 3-5 inches above the water line, super glue egg crate inside pipe just below the water line and then fill with rock rubble or carx Reactor media (or if you don’t want the media to dissolve, get some ceramic media like small siporax). Drip your effluent into that. You’ll probably want to drill holes in pipe below the egg crate so water flows in it.

Fantastic idea!

Air stone = salt spray.

This is brilliant..

No way to put it near skimmer and unfortunately it has to dump right next to my pump inlet. It is what it is.
I have it near the return pump. Drop a cheap small powe head there to dilute the solution and circulate water in thay chamber..thats what i did.

Last edited:
So the KHG plays nice with Apex? Didnt think Neptune would let any other devices communicate like that with it
Khg work woth any controller regardless. The khg have a BNC port that can connect to any ph or orp port in any controller..
In your khg I included the module that connect you to any controller btw..

Khg work woth any controller regardless. The khg have a BNC port that can connect to any ph or orp port in any controller..
In your khg I included the module that connect you to any controller btw..
It connects like a pH probe and there are options on the khg which allow you to send calibration signals. Then if you have a dos you can set up a dosing schedule and then use the khg output as a safety by having the doser shut off when the kh goes too high.

Ah sweet. It is a shame that it occupies a BNC port, I mean I don't have an Apex now, but if I did I probably would go for the EL version which only has 1 BNC port IIRC and having a pH probe as a pH probe can be useful.

Ah sweet. It is a shame that it occupies a BNC port, I mean I don't have an Apex now, but if I did I probably would go for the EL version which only has 1 BNC port IIRC and having a pH probe as a pH probe can be useful.
Most decent controllers have 2 BNCs. Ghl p4 gives you 2 BNC out of the box and you can add 1 or 2 more for 80$

Well. Setting 4 seems to be the sweet spot so far. Turned it up this am. About halfway through the day my DOS turned off automatically :) and ever since it’s been rock steady!

18F6ED03-7122-4FD2-9993-13AEA6800D28.png

Back