Kessil

Rostatos Reefer 450 and Reefer 170

Well. Setting 4 seems to be the sweet spot so far. Turned it up this am. About halfway through the day my DOS turned off automatically :) and ever since it’s been rock steady!
U can budget bit lower than what u normally do and supplement with your doser if you want to add other elements. Thats what I do also..

Ah sweet. It is a shame that it occupies a BNC port, I mean I don't have an Apex now, but if I did I probably would go for the EL version which only has 1 BNC port IIRC and having a pH probe as a pH probe can be useful.
Khg captures pH as well. I don’t think it could be displayed on the apex since it would only send the dkh over the bnc, but you can view the pH readings from each test in the console
Edit: it doesn’t save the pH in the log by default but I believe there is a command you can enter. The khg fb group has more info on it

Did you ever ICP test the tank? It would be interesting to compare before/after the carX to see what trace element changes there are

Not yet. I’ll give it a month on the reactor before I send a test. I’m also dosing tridents infusion elements.

I have 3 triton tests waiting to be used.

I honestly think the apex el is waste of money. Either go full, or get a P4 controller..at least with the ghl expansions are much simpler than apex
I have the El and have never had any use for another bnc connector or the salinity probe. There's modules for that anyway.

Last edited:
You don’t have a PH probe?
Yeah I use it for that. I was thinking of the I/O port not the BNC. Never needed more than one for connected tanks but the pm1/2 have bnc as well if you need to add on. I did end up connecting a PM1 to my old apex so I could monitor the pH of a QT.

Last edited:
Yeah I use it for that. I was thinking of the I/O port not the BNC. Never needed more than one for connected tanks but the pm1/2 have bnc as well if you need to add on. I did end up connecting a PM1 to my old apex so I could monitor the pH of a QT.
Good for you!

Getting some consistently. But not really as flat as I’d like.

F2E5EDA7-87C4-46A8-8532-6833D62D2577.png

Back