Kessil

Rostatos Reefer 450 and Reefer 170

Are you cementing at all? What do you use if so?

No cement, just lots of creativity and trial and error (wife). I like being able to remove rocks if need be.

My worst nightmare would be a huge structure that I can’t change or requires more than one hand in the water to move.

We finally finished the aquascape. It looks great and gives us plenty of space. Video is uploading now.

Also am starting to get the reactor dialed in. No help from the 2 part for this day.
5A6D0E26-E3D5-4365-9352-D86499FB5F73.png

Damn that looks good! Random question how do you like the tunzie algae scraper ? I’m looking to get a new one for my tank

So much vertical room, great work on the scape. It also seems like it providers a nice environment for the fish with areas to hide.
Do you think you’ll stick more acros on the back? That’s a cool way to mount then

So much vertical room, great work on the scape. It also seems like it providers a nice environment for the fish with areas to hide.
Do you think you’ll stick more acros on the back? That’s a cool way to mount then

Maybe. not sure how it’ll all come together yet.

Since things are stable now, I am experimenting with nitrate dosing to try and bring nitrates to a detectable level.

I am feeding so much that my phosphates are getting high and I don’t want to have to use this much gfo on a regular basis.

Since things are stable now, I am experimenting with nitrate dosing to try and bring nitrates to a detectable level.

I am feeding so much that my phosphates are getting high and I don’t want to have to use this much gfo on a regular basis.
I got the PN balance from TM which is a more mild carbon dosing method which increases the bacteria population which will increase phosphate consumption. It doesn’t get the phosphate out of the water but when the bacteria consume the phosphate the corals can then consume the bacteria which provides them with an easier to obtain source of phosphate. On paper it sounds wonderful, I can let you know how it goes. I’ll be dosing like .25mL a day for my little guy hahaha

U shoild try the ATI one. Looked to me the best product that is built for that

I got the PN balance from TM which is a more mild carbon dosing method which increases the bacteria population which will increase phosphate consumption. It doesn’t get the phosphate out of the water but when the bacteria consume the phosphate the corals can then consume the bacteria which provides them with an easier to obtain source of phosphate. On paper it sounds wonderful, I can let you know how it goes. I’ll be dosing like .25mL a day for my little guy hahaha
My problem with that is, ita carbon dosing coupled with NP which I think can be dangerous if you overdosed, cause carbon overdose can get things out of control quick...

My problem with that is, ita carbon dosing coupled with NP which I think can be dangerous if you overdosed, cause carbon overdose can get things out of control quick...
I think you’re referring to TM Plus NP which is the carbon dosing plus NP. This is just carbon dosing and they recommend it for tanks which are at a PO4 between .02 and .1 ppm. For less than .02 that’s when they suggest the Plus NP

Back