got ethical husbandry?

Rostatos Reefer 450 and Reefer 170

It’s like watching paint dry
67CBBC55-5736-4716-92AC-7640B77C7602.jpeg

All filled and heated. Adding salt to get the salinity set and matching the reefer 250
All new water should Be ok, I’d make sure temp, SG, and alk are all real close.
Gonna use the old rocks though right? Just gonna move everything over all at once? Anything not making the journey?
I’d be reluctant to try to move the old sand more than just a little bit if you want to take whatever live stuff you have in it.

All new water should Be ok, I’d make sure temp, SG, and alk are all real close.
Gonna use the old rocks though right? Just gonna move everything over all at once? Anything not making the journey?
I’d be reluctant to try to move the old sand more than just a little bit if you want to take whatever live stuff you have in it.

Going from bare bottom to bare bottom. Everything will move all at once from one tank to the other.

Parameters are pretty darn close because I keep them at the exact levels as the salt comes. I’m going to double check before moving.

I’m a little hesitant to do it with all new water, but I have a lithium issue in the 250, so this should help.

I've been weighing the pros/cons of doing major remodeling... or hell just finishing my downstairs. The pros, hey I don't have to go to work although I do have to do work, the cons, what am I going to do with all the construction debris? (Way too much to stuff in a garbage can), and for all the pieces of whatever that I need? Yeah I don't really want to go to Home Depot if possible, I mean I'm going with the standard Home Depot customer isn't washing his hands much as it is, especially after using the bathroom, probably not changing that routine now.

My wife's been nagging me about finishing our house! BUT the aquarium will always take priority!

I've been weighing the pros/cons of doing major remodeling... or hell just finishing my downstairs. The pros, hey I don't have to go to work although I do have to do work, the cons, what am I going to do with all the construction debris? (Way too much to stuff in a garbage can), and for all the pieces of whatever that I need? Yeah I don't really want to go to Home Depot if possible, I mean I'm going with the standard Home Depot customer isn't washing his hands much as it is, especially after using the bathroom, probably not changing that routine now.

Rent a container. They have tiny ones.

I do demo a little at a time to keep my back from throwing out. I had up all the debris, and when I get a truck load I run it to the dump.

This is just going to be a tiling of the floor, smooth walling, and new vanity for now.

the tub/shower will get done when people go back to work.

I have all materials on hand so no biggy for me
I’ve been doing this for 7 years now.

Back