Neptune Aquatics

Rostatos Reefer 450 and Reefer 170

Got my triton results in.

I just can’t seem to get my Li down. Really frustrating. It’s been like that forever.

My iodine looks very high as well. I guess my salifert kit is giving me bad results.

But honestly, I’m happy!

Holly smoke that's high iodin.
One of the reasons i do not dose based on a test kit rather dep3nd on the icp is the overdosing.
Also for the same reason I like the zeovit iodin. Ita dosed in smaller quantities 3 times a week so its smoother and less risk of overdose.

How is your yellows? Useually high i9din turn yellow coral to green.
Iodin also promotes cyano and algae btw, so algae break can accompany an iodin overdose.
Try to pick one coral that react well to iodin, and through that coral u can judge if u overdosing.
With me, any purple tip coral, turn blue when am low on iodin, and turn greenish when am high on idion.
This is the best way to track traces that are hard to test for manually...

Last edited:
I haven’t noticed anything except more algae growth. But I attributed that to a bit higher nitrate than before.

I guess some water changes are in my future. I haven’t done one in 6 weeks.

something has got to be leaching lithium in my tank. It’s been high since the reefer 250.

I haven’t noticed anything except more algae growth. But I attributed that to a bit higher nitrate than before.

I guess some water changes are in my future. I haven’t done one in 6 weeks.

something has got to be leaching lithium in my tank. It’s been high since the reefer 250.
Algae love iodin. Actually when you run chaetos, you dose iodin to grow it faster..

Did a 20g water change today. Unfortunately it's the biggest I can do with my current setup. That's not really ideal on my 100g system to bring down the iodine and lithium. Things look fine, so I may just keep rolling on with 20g water changed once a week.

The only thing I don't like about the system right now is I have a pretty good amount of algae growth. I'm thinking the nitrate dosing and the large amount of new rocks are doing it. SPS are looking the best they ever have so, I'm just going to keep doing what I’m doing.

Check that. Two things I don't like. The carx has really reduced my overall ph. I need to find a way to raise it a bit. I think I may try raising my alk from 7.5-8 to 8.5-9 ish to see if that helps keep the ph a bit higher. I have turned on my dos to slowly raise the alk and see what happens.

It also hurts because I haven't been able to open windows for a few weeks. Today is the first day I opened windows in over two weeks. My ph has jumped up .03 in only two hours even with the lights dimming.

Readings from today
Sg 1.026
Ph range 7.84-8.22
Alk 7.9 steady
Po4 .03
No3 1

Since I know you have a ton of available space in your stand... Have you considered dosing kalk?

Edit: actually now that I think about it, you could replace your alk solution with kalk, which shouldn't throw your A/C balance off.

Back