Neptune Aquatics

Rostatos Reefer 450 and Reefer 170

Got the clubs co2 meter yesterday and it started alerting after an hour or so in my house. Apparently at the peak of the day, the area by my tank hits 1000PPM co2. How does one reduce the co2 levels in the house without opening a window? I live by a very busy, loud, and dirty street, so we don't open windows often. We are concerned about break-ins and large amounts of dust that get in the house.

Got the clubs co2 meter yesterday and it started alerting after an hour or so in my house. Apparently at the peak of the day, the area by my tank hits 1000PPM co2. How does one reduce the co2 levels in the house without opening a window? I live by a very busy, loud, and dirty street, so we don't open windows often. We are concerned about break-ins and large amounts of dust that get in the house.
I have been thinking about an air exchanger that pairs with the hvac system to bring fresh air in. You can put filters on it, but it might not completely fix the dirtyness issue for you. But solves the others.

Setting up kalk Stirrer and mixed up some diy all for reef just in case the carx doesn’t keep up while I’m on vacation.
0A9E504F-E817-4A0F-BDDD-E2CDDA364102.jpeg
4BB326CC-36AF-45C9-9B2B-7AE4305A124B.jpeg
image.jpg

So does your ATO sensors now use the dos to pump RO into the kalk stirrer, which will send nice saturated kalkwasser into the sump to top off? Or is ATO setup staying the same, but it just won’t go off as often because you are dosing 3/4gal of kalk.

And then the other dos head is set to dose if the alk reading from the KhG gets too low? Or is that set to alarm you and then you’ll manually increase the dose of AFR? I like your idea of using AFR to supplement while away, since the CarX isn’t adjustable remotely.

So does your ATO sensors now use the dos to pump RO into the kalk stirrer, which will send nice saturated kalkwasser into the sump to top off? Or is ATO setup staying the same, but it just won’t go off as often because you are dosing 3/4gal of kalk.

And then the other dos head is set to dose if the alk reading from the KhG gets too low? Or is that set to alarm you and then you’ll manually increase the dose of AFR? I like your idea of using AFR to supplement while away, since the CarX isn’t adjustable remotely.

The ATO is independent and will not go off as often.

The apex will alarm me to manually increase the dose from the Dos. Unfortunately Neptune won’t let you split power on each head of the Dos. It will allow me to turn each head on or off independently, but that will just turn it on indefinitely. That would be disastrous

So far the kalk stirrer has been everything I hoped for. It bumps my alk just enough at night for my apex to automatically turn off the carx. This helps keep the ph up at night. You can see in the ph graph when the carx get kicked on, the lights turn off, and when they turn back on...
45D4BC91-6F6D-496E-BBF5-1DB78B9F8522.png

I have pulled my co2 scrubber offline for the time being to see how the ph stabilizes.

here is why I love bare bottom...every two weeks I pull all of this off the bottom of the tank. Think about how much of that would just accumulate in your sand bed. Gross!
DE3500AB-5F71-42CA-BD7E-C6000F56F50B.jpeg

here is why I love bare bottom...every two weeks I pull all of this off the bottom of the tank. Think about how much of that would just accumulate in your sand bed. Gross!
How do you remove that? My tank is shallow enough that I use a baster and suck up the detritus that collects around some rocks and squirt it into a filter floss. I’ve considered making a “vacuum” with a utility pump. Have a tube off the intake to move around and collect, and have the output of the pump go through a sediment filter or maybe just into a filter sock to alleviate head pressure

Glad to hear. Hey wondering if you run the stir motor 24/7 or have it go on and off with a timer throughout the day?
You wouldn't want it to stir constantly. Constant stirring will actually decrease the potency, and lead to solids floating up to where the exit is, being dosed into the tank. The purpose of the stirrer is only to mix the recently added fresh water.

You wouldn't want it to stir constantly. Constant stirring will actually decrease the potency, and lead to solids floating up to where the exit is, being dosed into the tank. The purpose of the stirrer is only to mix the recently added fresh water.
The avast motor is designed to run 24/7. So that’s what I do. I don’t see any solids coming to the top

The avast motor is designed to run 24/7. So that’s what I do. I don’t see any solids coming to the top
Interesting. I assume it moves slowly to not float particles up. I'll have to look into the constant stirring though, I could have sworn this actually reduces potency

The avast motor is designed to run24/7

I have heard the same with other Kalk reactors but knew Avast advises to run theirs 24/7. Was curious if Rostato was going to go with the recommendation of Avast or with other brand/design ideas of timed out mixing.

Received my Avast reactor and wifi dose head yesterday. Looking forward to setting it up! I may have more questions during the process.

Back