got ethical husbandry?

SF to Oakland Airport via BART

This Saturday I am departing from the Oakland Airport for a trip.
I plan on getting to the airport via BART.

I was wondering if anyone has done this before. I just want to make sure I have everything correct.

http://www.bart.gov/stations/closest.aspx

Based off of this map, I can board BART at the Embarcadero station in SF, and ride the blue line to the Coliseum/OAK Airport.

Then based off of this link:
http://www.bart.gov/guide/airport/outbound_oak.aspx

After getting off BART, I need to ride a transit shuttle to the airport?

I was under the notion BART took me directly to the airport ... but I may be naive thinking this :)

Thanks

Yah the never connected it. The bus part seems to filter a decent amount of peoole. That Bart stop can be a handful at times in terms of the local crew.

Carry some ones (I think it is $3 each way) or $3 bart tickets to ride the air bart. There is no change and sometimes you don't have time to buy a $3 ticket at the destination.

Gomer said:
Carry some ones (I think it is $3 each way) or $3 bart tickets to ride the air bart. There is no change and sometimes you don't have time to buy a $3 ticket at the destination.

Yes $3, and the bus is usually right there as you hit the street from the BART station. Bring $3 on the trip home too. They will take low value BART tickets as long as the amount is over $3. No change or ticket stamped, they just take the ticket. About 20 minutes to the terminal including any wait time at the BART station is what I allow.

Wow thanks everyone for the responses.
I have a clipper card that I will be using to pay for the BART ride from SF to the coliseum/OAK airport stop. The BART website says I can pay for the shuttle ($3 one way) in cash so long a I have exact change. If I have some spare minutes at BART I will prepurchase two $3 muni tickets for the shuttle.
Again, just wanted to confirm my route because getting lost the last thing i need to happen before my flight. :)

yardartist said:
Gomer said:

Yes $3, and the bus is usually right there as you hit the street from the BART station. Bring $3 on the trip home too. They will take low value BART tickets as long as the amount is over $3. No change or ticket stamped, they just take the ticket. About 20 minutes to the terminal including any wait time at the BART station is what I allow.

Okay. So I can pay the shuttle $3 in cash? It would save me the trouble of getting two Bart tickets :)

Yeah pay cash, it's pretty crappy that the shuttle service cost so damn much, but that's the way it is. I came back from Florida many years ago at like 1am, had no idea about the shuttle requirement, I had some $20s a couple $10s and and 2 $1 bills, granted it was only 2 bucks back there, but it was me and my at the time girlfriend, needless to say at least the driver was nice enough to make sure those who did get on just gave me their money and I ended up paying for 4 other people.. but it was a long flight and I just wanted to get home... getting home from the SF Bart was another adventure in itself with no change, and this predated wide spread cell phone use :D

Back