Reef nutrition

Showing reservoir level in Apex Fusion when using DOS but not DDR

JVU

President
BOD
I had posted in my tank journal a DIY hack for being able to show a graphic for how much liquid is left in a reservoir that isn’t a Neptune DDR when using DOS as a pump. A member mentioned that when they went back to look for it, they couldn’t find it, and it would have been useful to have a link in the DIY subforum.

So here’s the link:

I hope people find it useful!

Does this mod allow you to customize how much is in the container?
Yes, if you click the name above the reservoir graphic it takes you to the settings page for the reservoir, where you can modify the total volume (just like with DDR’s):

1591672294814.jpeg

I would say swing by Fry's they are bound to have what you need, but I haven't been for a long time and from what I understand they're going under (if they haven't already)

I would say swing by Fry's they are bound to have what you need, but I haven't been for a long time and from what I understand they're going under (if they haven't already)
Fry’s was one of the several local stores I tried for parts unsuccessfully before I gave up and purchased online. My local Fry’s (Concord) looked like a depressing wasteland with mostly bare shelves and a few remaining ghosts in red vests when I last went for this project, in like late Jan or early Feb.

Oh man, Fry’s is going under? I bought all the parts for my first computer from them.

Can confirm! They are dyiiing.

I stopped shopping there when asshat sales people look down on you for buying a motherboard combo sale. Or when they wave you down and waste your time and try to collect commission.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awesome tip! Just did the hack myself with a slightly different take.

Wanted a lower profile "dongle" so got the connectors standalone and crimped the resistor onto the pins so that the resistor is flushed. Two wraps of electrical tape and done. :)

20200618_144832.jpg
20200618_145729.jpg

Awesome tip! Just did the hack myself with a slightly different take.

Wanted a lower profile "dongle" so got the connectors standalone and crimped the resistor onto the pins so that the resistor is flushed. Two wraps of electrical tape and done. :)

View attachment 16748View attachment 16749
Elegant solution! If you have a link to where you bought that connector people may appreciate it (I didn’t find one like that before).

Elegant solution! If you have a link to where you bought that connector people may appreciate it (I didn’t find one like that before).

Link to micro-fit molex connector... Note, the hollow square pins are the one to use with the male connector...

Reactions: JVU
Link to micro-fit molex connector... Note, the hollow square pins are the one to use with the male connector...

Should mention that if you don't have a crimp tool, a small needle nose does the trick and can be used to fully insert the pins into the housing

Back