Kessil

Solar Tube

Wife wants to install these thing in the bathrooms. Do you guys have any recommend brand that I should get? Home Depot, Lowe's, Costco, Solartube...?? TIA..

Whatever is cheap? :D

I got a skylight in my bathroom so can't give any heads up on which ones are good. As long as you install it correct, with flashing (supplied?) you shouldn't have any issues with leaking. That said I do like the idea of straight tubes as opposed to the bendable ones that look like an oversized clothes drier vent.

hmm.. I thought the one made in S. China is better than the one from the N.?? No??
:)

I'm going to get someone to install it for me as I don't fell comfortable cutting into the roof. I think the cap/dome (whatever it's called) design is different. I'm just wondering which one would give you more light and last longer...

I used these guys:
http://www.solatube.com/residential/find-a-dealer.php?form=locator_search&client=solatube&template=locator&addressline=94030

Great service and price. I had 5 solar tubes installed and 2 solar attic fans.

Jim, I think they are the most expensive one. Just wondering if it worth the $ to get that.

thanks Jar.. I believe I can get those at HD or Lowe's. No issue with the dome leaking/crack after a few year??

Elite said:
Jim, I think they are the most expensive one. Just wondering if it worth the $ to get that.

thanks Jar.. I believe I can get those at HD or Lowe's. No issue with the dome leaking/crack after a few year??

I guess for the amount of solatubes/fans I got...they gave me a good deal. :bigsmile:

Phong
I had couple sola tube installed . One in bath room with fan option and one in closet with a light option. I like them alot. No promblem with leaks.

Back