High Tide Aquatics

Storms Reef

Webp.net-resizeimage.jpg
Hello All,

I'm pretty new to salt water and having a lot of fun in this hobby, this is my first "real tank", I started with a 55 gallon tank not reef ready a lot of hang on the back equipment and kind of fell apart on me when i neglected doing maintenance when i was in the process of moving. So i decided to start over and jump all the way into the hobby.

Bare with me with my mistakes along the way. In fact i already made a huge one recently by not sticking with my quarantine. (Sorry i got excited and jump the gun to soon) I know better and lesson learned for Sure lol. So Here it goes:

My tank has been running for about 2 months
Red Sea Reefer 350 73 gallons with a 18 gallon sump total water volume 91 gallon
(tank dimensions 35x21x20) pictures to follow
Webp.net-resizeimage.jpg

Current equipment:
Max Spect Gyre pump 250
AP700 led lighting
Protein skimmer Bubble Magus Curve 7
Jebao DCS 9000 for the return pump
jebao Auto dosing pump (not set up yet)

Webp.net-resizeimage.jpg

In my sump small fuge section currently growing some sea lettuce and lighting just a Water proof 100W grow light from Amazon

My current stock list:
1 Yellow tang has been with me since the start is my first fish
1 Maroon Clown also an OG
1 Red Coris Wrasse the final original
These three have survived my hiccups
1 Leopard Wrasse (new addition)
A few clean up crew
A couple of peppermint shrimp
red legged hermits and astraea snails

I also have a few corals, I'm terrible with identification though ill post pics later
Frogspawn
Green Mushroom
3 Zoa colonies (post pics to help identify appreciated)
Xenias

Good new i learned my lesson about not placing everything in QT, The Bad news the week after adding a pintail wrasse to my system my Yellow Tang was covered in Ich, so currently all the fish have been removed from the main display and going thru the tank transfer method and my tank is sitting fallow for 72 days lesson learned
IMG_3734.JPG
IMG_0011.JPG

Attachments

• Webp.net-resizeimage.jpg
    Webp.net-resizeimage.jpg
    425 KB · Views: 237
Last edited:
Sounds great. (Fish problems not great but sounds like you are following a good plan.) What is that green coral above the yellow tang in the last photo?
Where are you located? I am in the East Bay. People are spread out all over.

Welcome.
Looks like the start of a nice tank.
Unfortunate about the ich, but not uncommon.

You may want to add a bit of food to the empty tank over time, so that it does not cycle again
when you put fish back in.

Welcome.
Looks like the start of a nice tank.
Unfortunate about the ich, but not uncommon.

You may want to add a bit of food to the empty tank over time, so that it does not cycle again
when you put fish back in.
oh cool thanks, Ive been adding a small amount for the remaining shrimp and hermits not much

Sounds great. (Fish problems not great but sounds like you are following a good plan.) What is that green coral above the yellow tang in the last photo?
Where are you located? I am in the East Bay. People are spread out all over.
The green coral is a nephthea tree coral, Im over in Daly City

welcome aboard. good to see another red sea tank build.

just want to make sure, a red sea 350 is a 47 x 21 x 20 dimensions but you stated 35 x 21 x 20. those dimensions should be the 250 model.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Back