Reef nutrition

Tank Moving/Transferring Services?

CaseyP

Treasurer
BOD
The day is near! My 120g peninsula has arrived. I currently have a 50g that's only a couple months old but nonetheless has livestock that will need to be moved. As I'm thinking through the logistics, it seems to be a multi-day process of moving livestock into holding tanks, draining and moving old tank out, moving new tank in, and at least a day to make new rodi water, or have a large container filled beforehand, before leak testing and bringing up salinity before transferring livestock back in. It would require buying holding tubs/tanks which I don't know if I'd have a use for afterwards. The challenges I see is making sure livestock does ok while in holding, and manpower of moving the tanks around since it'll be on the 2nd floor (tri-level home).

Does anyone have any recommendations on a tank moving service that would have all the equipment available? I'm in Dublin and want to get a rough quote. Is it even feasible for them to get this done in one day or will I be better off doing this myself over a couple days?

The day is near! My 120g peninsula has arrived. I currently have a 50g that's only a couple months old but nonetheless has livestock that will need to be moved. As I'm thinking through the logistics, it seems to be a multi-day process of moving livestock into holding tanks, draining and moving old tank out, moving new tank in, and at least a day to make new rodi water, or have a large container filled beforehand, before leak testing and bringing up salinity before transferring livestock back in. It would require buying holding tubs/tanks which I don't know if I'd have a use for afterwards. The challenges I see is making sure livestock does ok while in holding, and manpower of moving the tanks around since it'll be on the 2nd floor (tri-level home).

Does anyone have any recommendations on a tank moving service that would have all the equipment available? I'm in Dublin and want to get a rough quote. Is it even feasible for them to get this done in one day or will I be better off doing this myself over a couple days?
Hi, I can do this job. I have done this over 200 times (2 last week) depending on how much equipment, rock, livestock ect. It would be between $500 to $900

Thanks for the feedback, I had forgotten about sjreef too which is not too far from me.

I think at this point I'll probably go the self move route. A friend of mine has a pond stock tank I can hold temporarily hold everything over in. A couple quotes came in which are higher than I'd like to spend right now, albeit fair priced considering the time and effort. Now I just need to entice some friends over with bbq and beers to help with the manual labor parts ;)

Membership has privs!

moved lots of tanks. If you have everything prepared before you start, like all your containers/buckets for holding livestock and water clean and ready to go, it will be alot smoother. I would use the water from the old tank to ease the stress on livestock. its a solid days work and Anthony is right on the price i would charge to do this as well.

Thanks for all the feedback! Definitely feel like I was initially overthinking it.

Supporting member here :) I have two suction cup lifters from moving large glass tables which should be sufficient since it's only 4x2x2. Date has been set for next Sunday for some buds to come over and give me a hand. Since I was able to borrow a large 70g plastic pond tub, I think I'm now covered on the livestock holding. Only thing left to source is a container to make enough rodi water ahead of time. If not it'll be ~2 days before leak testing since I only have a little 50gpd RODI and 4x 5 gallon jugs.

I suggest making more SW than is required. It’s nice to have on hand during a move since accidents happen or calculations aren’t always perfect. Good luck with the move, an upgrade is exciting!

Back