got ethical husbandry?

Tankalanche

I picked up a couple new frags from Neptune this weekend, plus a few frags that needed to be moved for various reasons, and tonight seemed like as good a time as any to glue them up to the rockwork before the maroon clown did her thing and buried them.

I was down the the last... damn ... frag.

and BOOM, the whole central pillar in the tank falls apart, sending frags in every which direction, rocks on top of one of my sebae anemones... it took 2 hours to get even CLOSE to decent looking again

I'll be gluing everything together tomorrow to prevent this from happening again, but ... just venting I guess.

are you talking about your rock structure fell over? or the tanks center brace broke off and fell into the tank?
Either way, glad you are getting it sorted out.

I empathize. This used to be a constant battle for me with my old aquascape….very frustrating. When I rebuilt my tank, I ended up putting a lot of thought into my scape so that that would never happen again. I doweled, epoxied, emarco, superglued...and it seems to have worked.

Also something kinda large and super creepy fell out of a rock as I lifted it, dropped down onto the not-busted part of the aquascape, and crawled into a hole...

didn't get a really good look... a problem for another day

Also something kinda large and super creepy fell out of a rock as I lifted it, dropped down onto the not-busted part of the aquascape, and crawled into a hole...

didn't get a really good look... a problem for another day
Oh man, now I’m really interested to hear what it was.

Not super mean... to other fish you mean, obviously it's being a mean lil' bastard to you and all your hard work. Like the kid who sees a sand castle and then runs over to kick it down.

Back