Jestersix

The_Lazy_Reefers 108 gallon sps dominant mixed reef

Been a while since updating is hard to do when the reef is stressing you out. So basically for the last 2 months things have not been happy. Corals and nems sulked, lost a couple cleaner shrimp and couldn’t really trace the issue so I spent last 2 weekends doing multiple water changes while also cleaning all equipment, replaced probes, sandbed cleaned every time, installed a ground probe, tossed old 2 part and re set up the dosing pumps as new. Couldn’t really think of any more things to do haha so I’ll never truly know what the tank problem was but an imbalance of something was in the works. The reef has been back on top form since then so I’m just going to not be so “lazy” in the future and keep a better eye on things.

Attachments

• 43D359CC-1335-4705-8B11-75383526EECC.png
    43D359CC-1335-4705-8B11-75383526EECC.png
    128.3 KB · Views: 203
an ICP test may be a small price to pay to see if you have some chemical issue. The number of times I've mentally had to make sure that absolutely no zinc coated screws fell in my tank (ok that fixture has all the screws still in it? good, now what about that one?)

an ICP test may be a small price to pay to see if you have some chemical issue. The number of times I've mentally had to make sure that absolutely no zinc coated screws fell in my tank (ok that fixture has all the screws still in it? good, now what about that one?)
It pulled through well and I ended up getting all my needed maintenance done but I think I may now stock a couple of these for future purposes especially since the turn around is now only 48 hrs!

Well a happy update today. My clownfish finally decided to lay some eggs. So excited to watch this in person and after 3 years of owing clowns/nems too see it happen is amazing.

Also here’s a parameter update and how things have been for the last month. Still some cyano/diatoms but it’s sporadic and I’m content with the level. Things are back to growing and being happy again.

Salinity 1.025
No3 2.5-5
Po4 .06-.12
Alk 8.5-8.9
Ca 435-440
Mg 1290-1310
Ph 8.23-8.39
Temp 78

Last edited:
Back