Jestersix

The_Lazy_Reefers 108 gallon sps dominant mixed reef

Thanks! I finally got around to fixing the doors and mounting them. The thought of an open sump was quickly gone after a few nights of intense red lighting spilling out and ruining my display view.
ed85c50954f99f54b7193e5c0b1f6a3d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

d2206d8c685b4458ca7f00f7a01549a2.jpg
Well it is in. Currently running it at about 175gph and will clean up the plumbing and hard pipe the unit eventually.

Beautiful set up! Curious, where there specific issues you were hoping to address with the UV? I picked one up recently but haven’t gotten around to setting it up. I get some nuisance algae every couple months and my dinos come and go so I was hoping to address those but whenever I have the time to get UV going, they tend to disappear! :)

Beautiful set up! Curious, where there specific issues you were hoping to address with the UV? I picked one up recently but haven’t gotten around to setting it up. I get some nuisance algae every couple months and my dinos come and go so I was hoping to address those but whenever I have the time to get UV going, they tend to disappear! :)

My tank got ich and no way am I breaking it down so I went with every possible approach to ich management I could and a UV is at the top of that list

Just hit the 2 month mark and aside from a little ich outbreak a month ago that’s now under control things are going smoothly with this build. Skimmer/refugium and 15%wc weekly is keeping everything stable and I’m stoked at the ease of maintenance with a larger reef compared to my nanos which always swung up and down a bit driving me insane.
IMG_1189.JPG

IMG_1200.JPG
just upgraded my 2 jebao pp-4s to the new jebao slw-20 and man are these things way better. The flow pattern is almost 3x as wide and the pivot adjustment is far superior to the old style. Not a bad deal for 100$ each.

Back